tuscl
1350 SW 2nd St Pompano Beach, FL 33069

Still Closed after COVID

Dolfan
What did 50 Cent do when he got hungry? 58.
Friday, December 11, 2020 9:42 AM
Just a PSA - this joint is still closed up. I stopped by Gold Club and noticed the former Solid Gold manager & some of her girls over there. The manager wasn't particularly forthcoming on details for SG, but the girls were willing to speculate, they seem to think its 50/50 shot that it ever opens again.

13 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Yes I’m in contact with one of the waitresses she has taken a job at The Gold Club she doesn’t believe that they will be reopening any time in the near future
  • SimonBelmont
    4 years ago
    Even before Covid it was a ghost town at Solid Gold and being that the club was so cavernous made it feel so empty!
  • sfrsox
    3 years ago
    Where did the dancers from here go? And is the business plan (pretty good free lunch) and good private rooms in effect anywhere else?
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Many of the Solid Gold dancers are now at Goldfingers along with a few of the bartenders
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I don't know if I'd use the term business plan but its pretty similar at Booby Trap & Cheetah in the two regards you mentioned.
  • iknowbetter
    3 years ago
    Kind of a shame considering the fact that this was one of the nicest SC facilities in South Florida. Not that a good building ever made for a good strip club, but SG ownership spent a lot of $ making this a really nice place. I don’t know how the business works, but in addition to the building, it seems like an existing SC license and liquor license would be of value to someone?
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I don't think SG did all that much, it looked mostly cosmetic to me. I wasn't ever there when it was Swinging Richards, but prior to that it had been another strip club with naked chicks. It was called Centerfolds and maybe some other name too? It was very similar then, the basic structure didn't change much. It was a pretty well appointed club as Centerfolds too. They just never had many girls. The room prices were actually $25 too if I remember right.

I hope it opens again, you can never have too many strip clubs.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I don't know if clubs had pages back in Oct 2020, nor does it matter much. I'm not too busted up if this place doesn't reopen. I went there as often as I was on that side of the state, but it never matched up to the first two original PP/SG. The girls were not as hot nor hustling, the layout wasn't as good, the service didn't compare, on and on.

In a weird way, it's sort of better if this club doesn't reopen. Talented dancers and wait staff can disperse to other clubs rather than be in a great looking place that doesn't generate enough repeat business.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I liked the late afternoon shift at SG, it was mostly low hustle and easy to hang out most of the gals would hang out with guys at the bar, and if you found one you liked the back was pretty loose not very much patrolling by the bouncers
    I’ve never been much of a fan of DDs and this was the place I liked to hangout best.
    @Dolfan I think the building originally opened as Lions Den or something like that
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I was only there a few times, but I agree that the late afternoon & early evening shifts at SG were low hustle easy to hang out. My issue was that most of the dancers seemed to be in their 40's, or at least looked it. It was rare that I'd find a 20 something girl there.

That location has been a ton of things. To your point 25, that big ass lion was still in by the doorway from when it was Lions Den. I also remember it being called NY Strip, Centerfolds, I want to say Crazy Horse at some point way before what's now Gold Club was Crazy Horse, Swinging Richards, Centerfolds, and probably a few more I am not remembering. All in the last 10 years or so.

I still hope something comes in there, while gammanu's point is valid, I know at least when it was SG both Booby Trap and Diamond Dolls had some level of fear from it. I think it helped keep them in line. I'll take the extra competition, even if it means I need to drive around a bit more and rotate my clubbing.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    We’ll see what happens but my guess is that Mike Peters is tired of the hassles that go with running a business he’s a bit older than I am and I had enough that’s why I sold out, I’m sure at some point maybe sooner rather than later someone else will buy or lease that location I hope they reopen as a club it would be a shame for that cabaret license to lapse, and you know it’s near impossible for anyone to get approval to open a new strip club in the area.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    @Dolfan
    BTW I thought Crazy Horse was that round mirrored building on the corner of Sample and Federal was torn down a number of years back
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I can't remember for sure, I seem to think it was that same building but you could easily be right.

I'd also agree I doubt its the same ownership if/when it reopens, but I'd guess someone might try to open up long enough to renew the license at least. They are a bitch to get.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion