tuscl

NFL cancels Pro Bowl

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 12:31 PM

13 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I lost interest in the pro bowl and haven't watched it in years - it's not a real game - for me it can go away completely - I rather see something like a skills challenge where they have sprint races etc.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    The reason for the cancellation wasn’t announced, but I think it is obvious. Positive COVID tests are causing a lot of rescheduling to happen. There is a limit to the amount of rescheduling that you can do when 32 teams play 16 games over a 17 week schedule. I believe the traditional two week break between the playoffs and the Super Bowl is going to be compressed so that the regular season can be stretched to 18 weeks.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    Aside from Covid, they could skip the pro bowl as far as I’m concerned. Like Papi said, it’s not a real game anyway.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    The fans don't care about the game, the players dont' want to play in it. This is a net cost savings to the teams. Many players opt to not play in it. So the League would have to name replacement Pro Bowlers. Many contracts have bonuses tied to making the Pro Bowl. Now they don't have to pay those extra bonuses.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    They are still going to vote for people to the Pro Bowl, and teams will be announced. There just won't be a game. Again, the major issue here is the expectation for an 18th week of the regular season and compression between the conference championships and the Super Bowls.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I haven’t found any interest in the pro bowl since back in the days of ABC’s Wide World of Sports - or when they had The Superstars. It’s another chance for players to get injured and it doesn’t mean anything to anyone.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Cancel it for good. I think I watched one play of the game last year (I forgot it was on and happened to flip it to the channel) and I watch as many real games as I can -regular season and playoffs.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Like a koala in the rain, No Fucks Given.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    Lol - nobody watches the ProBowl
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I was flipping thru the channels and saw there was a high-school game on ESPN2 of a South FL powerhouse football school called Booker T Washington - they are playing a school called Isidore Newman ("... Isidore Newman School is a private, nondenominational, co-educational college preparatory school located on an 11-acre campus in the uptown section of New Orleans, Louisiana ..."). Never heard of this Isidore school but they are beating Booker T 41 to 22 - reason I mention it is b/c Isidore's QB is a sophmore named Arch Manning - he's the nephew of Peyton and Eli (son of the oldest Manning Cooper) - and he's supposed to be a top recruit - the Manning dynasty continues.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    That is cool papi. I was wondering how old he was actually. So still two more years until he's among (or the top) the top recruits in the nation and then franchise qb -barring injury- in 2025 draft maybe. I say Denver gets him, but they may be too good by then To have such a top pick. Jets will probably still stink by then even if they draft another top qb in the next year. That is really cool anyway and I'd definitely watch that game anyway, but certainly over any pro bowl.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Oh man maybe he'll be a new Orlean saint! Brees is most likely gone after this year. Thomas is ofteninjured and will probably retire in the next five years (if not two or three I don't know how old he is). Maybe they'll be mediocre and pull off a trade. Taysom (sp?) Is only a gadget qb but could stay on for awhile just to see how he does. And then 2025 draft will be here before we know it haha. Damn I hate the saints though! Don't do it Arch!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion