tuscl

Tom Seaver, heart and mighty arm of Miracle Mets, dies at 75

joker44
In the wind
"NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Seaver, the Hall of Fame pitcher who steered a stunning transformation from lovable losers to Miracle Mets in 1969, has died. He was 75.

The Hall said Wednesday night that Seaver died Monday from complications of Lewy body dementia and COVID-19. Seaver spent his final years in Calistoga, California.

Seaver’s family announced in March 2019 he had been diagnosed with dementia and had retired from public life. He continued working at Seaver Vineyards, founded by the three-time NL Cy Young Award winner and his wife, Nancy, in 2002 on 116 acres at Diamond Mountain in the Calistoga region of Northern California."

https://apnews.com/131406d46b500f581e9d5…

7 comments

• Muddy
    4 years ago
    I’m bummed rn. Greatest pitcher ever. ‘69 Mets were a miracle.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    That sucks he was probably the greatest pitcher of his era, terrible news and too damn young.
    R.I.P.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    Bummer. I was too young to see him in his prime while with Mets, but he was a stud and a legit first ballot Hall of Famer (his 98.8% yes vote was highest ever percentage at that time). 3X Cy Young winner.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Sad news. RIP Tom! A true great of the game.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    I heard something on the radio last night. Two guys were discussing him and one told the story about a visitor to Seaver's home asking about 61 baseballs on display. Seaver told him they represented his shutouts. 61 shutouts, amazing!
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    Tom Terrific was in rare company with over 300 wins, 3,000 strikeouts and an ERA under 3.00. RIP
  • boomer79
    4 years ago
    I hate to hear that. He was a heck of a pitcher. My dad always talks about how the commissioner stole him from the Braves because of a technicality about an exhibition after he was drafted.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion