tuscl

“There Is No Neutral': 'Nice White People' Can Still Be Complicit In A Racist So

CJKent (Banned)
“The more a person needs to be right, the less certain he is...”
Title couldn’t say it all:

“There Is No Neutral': 'Nice White People' Can Still Be Complicit In A Racist Society

“For white people who have just recently recognized their own complicity in America's racist systems and are looking to "fix" that — it's not going to happen overnight.
"It's a little bit like saying 'I want to be in shape tomorrow'

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/873375416…

6 comments

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    Lmao. Fuck off. I am proud of my accomplishments so I don't have to focus on things that I didn't do, such as decide what race I will be.
  • Locutusbrg
    4 years ago
    The truth is all human beings have to fight hard to overcome their tribalism, biases, and confirmation bias. It is the human condition. I don't know what it is to be AA anymore than I know what it is to be a white person, or a woman for that matter. The goal is difficult, eliminate racism is to trying to eliminate fear of the unknown or the different.
    Our brains are hardwired to be us and them. It would be nice if bias and prejudice didn't exist but it does.
    Taking the position that the white people owe us and are inherently bigoted is both correct and wrong.
    We are all living a unique experience.
    Anger and violence brings attention but it doesn't have a great track record for change.
    There have race related riots in America every 10 years of my life.
    We all stand on the shoulders of all those that came before us. No one can stop us from helping the generation standing on our shoulders.
    Does burning and looting a target store really improve things? Or is it giving them another in a long line of excuses as to why things never change.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Why don't the groups demanding whites denounce their heritage and identity (which is actually a violation of human rights under international law) make the first step? Be the example and get rid of the countless activist organizations, cultural groups, history months, heritage festivals, ethnic studies programs, etc, that every group other than whites have?

Let other groups who are already far more tribalistic do some of their own self denunciation. Of course we all know that's not going to happen.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Maybe if Asians, Latinos, Middle Eastern Americans, etc, were expected to denounce themselves along with whites, to atone to blacks, it might be less suspect and not just being against whites but that isn't the case. So yes I have a problem with it both on principle and for the additional reason only one group is being asked to self denounce.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    Sounds like a Nazi statement.

Lmao - fuck off. My opinions are my own, If yer gonna trash out my city / my neighborhood and they beat crap out of u too bad so sad.
  • sideshow_bob
    4 years ago
    I'm getting so sick of this bullshit. It has nothing to do with helping black people. It's narcissistic lefties who want to exploit guilt to take power. Black people are a jobs program from liberals. Liberals exploit human misery. They seek to bring about misery so they can get paid to end it. But it only gets worse.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion