tuscl

Police: Employee using fake name tied up manager, robbed Seattle strip club of $

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, December 28, 2019 4:48 AM
A man who arrived in Seattle a couple of weeks ago used a fake name to get a job at a strip club, then used his insider knowledge of the business to bind the manager with duct tape and steal $3,000 — much of it in $1 bills — at gunpoint, according to King County prosecutors. It took Seattle police detectives just three days to organize a surveillance and arrest operation at a downtown apartment building and uncover Tyre M. Johnson’s true identity after the Dec. 15 robbery at Kittens Cabaret, a strip club on Fourth Avenue South in Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood, charging papers say. Johnson, 31, was arrested Dec. 18 when he came out of the building on Pine Street and Second Avenue where he had rented a fifth-floor apartment advertised on Airbnb. He has been charged with first-degree kidnapping and first-degree robbery. He is being held in lieu of $500,000 bail and is scheduled to be arraigned Jan. 6, jail and court records show. The charges filed Monday don’t indicate where Johnson is from, but note he has previously been arrested in New Jersey and Pennsylvania and had what appeared to be an identification card issued in Texas. Senior Deputy Prosecutor Christian Brown wrote in charging papers that Johnson had only been in Washington for two weeks and during “that time period the defendant methodically set up his plan for this violent kidnapping and robbery.” Brown went on to note that Johnson “has zero ties to this community and appears to have been passing through the state in order to commit his violent felonies.”

6 comments

• DenimChicken
    5 years ago
    For a whopping three grand. Great job, dude!
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    > the defendant methodically set up his plan for this violent kidnapping and robbery He methodically forgot to plan how to leave town and not get caught
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    5 years ago
    1. @ Denim: And "much of it in $1 bills." What an idiot! 2. I live in Seattle. That's my favorite club! The last time I was there was a week before the incident. I can only think of one dancer I know that might have been on-shift at the time of the incident, 1:30 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon. I suppose he was thinking that the receipts from a Saturday night before, would be the best time for his ill-planned escapade.
    5 years ago
    I’ll bet there was a lot more cash squirreled away elsewhere in the club. 3k doesn’t sound l8ke enough and that it was mostly singles probably means it was the change drawer float cash. When crazy horse 2 was raided here several years ago the feds removed “two garbage bags of cash”, the only reference to totals I could find indicated several hundred thousand.
  • the mighty quinn
    5 years ago
    It was robbed about 1:30pm so only open a few hours. Perhaps that's why he only got 3k... althought $3000 in singles might be a challenge to carry.
    5 years ago
    If they were loose bills it would be a lot but stacked and wrapped it’s only 30 small bundles, two hands would do it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion