tuscl

Cream drummer Ginger Baker

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Sunday, October 6, 2019 3:18 PM
Has passed on at the age of 80, damn that was my favorite band back in the the day he and Eric Clapton collaborated on such great music the man was a giant

12 comments

• Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    Their music still stands the test of time. Great musicians, and some amazing music.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    Nooooooo :-(
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    IN A WHITE ROOM! 🥁
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Yeah, just listened to White Room again in his honor. I don’t know if I ever heard it in a strip club, but it would be a good one to get a dance to. Plus it’s almost 5 minutes long.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    There was a dancer in a small dive club, that I would hit occasionally, one of those joints where the the girls put money in the jukebox to play songs for their own stage set, that always started her set with Sunshine of Your Love.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    The original power trio! Jack Bruce died in 2014 so Clapton is the only one left now.
  • NeverEnuf
    5 years ago
    Sunshine of Your Love is a short song. No wonder she would include it in her set. TOAD!!
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    In honor of him, I'll play the long version of "I'm So Glad". The short drum finale in that song is awesome.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    As I know, Baker was the first to use the double kick drum, a distinctive high energy drummer. BAKER GURVITZ ARMY - Live 1975 [view link] SJG
  • Longislandnightmare
    5 years ago
    SJG, Check out Louis Bellson. I believe he actually created the double bass concept back in the 40’s. Baker wasn’t a slouch by any means but check out some of the old jazz and big band drummers. They’re Amazing. [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Awesome. I watch this guy play. You can't imitate the expression on a keyboard synth, or on the rubber buttons on sequencers. Can't do it with hand drumming. Can't do it with sticks on the rubber pads. Even with sticks on the mesh head triggers, still not the same. SJG
  • MockTruck
    5 years ago
    I would like to get creamed by a ginger!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion