tuscl

"moderated by the discussion makers."

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Exactly how do I moderate a discussion that I have started? Can I delete a post that I don't like or think is inappropriate? Or do I just just continue to ignore them?

17 comments

• Muddy
    6 years ago
    Try it out shadowcat
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Is that a feature you would want?
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    That's asking for censorship. Just ask people to stay on topic or ignore them. I think a great feature would be for the ignore feature to prevent the ignored person from seeing your stuff, not just you from seeing theirs.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    If it worked like a normal block feature
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Funny you should mention that Icey ;)
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    @Founder - You used the word "moderated". I just wanted clarification as to what that meant. A moderator usually is in place to police a forum and delete what he/she deems unfit. Most posters on here seem to be against having a moderator on here. I have learned to live with whatever the system is.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    I'm strongly for a moderator, but founder has ruled that out. In the absence of a moderator, I don't think a per-thread OP-moderated feature is a good idea, that seems particularly rife for abuse and bad feelings.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    We don't need a moderator, that feature would be too easily abused. Most of the trolls will probably be in VIP anyways lol
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Moderators are inefficient uses of someone’s time. Let the users moderate what they want to see by using the ignore feature. It’s as good of multilateral option as you can find.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    In my book, "IGNORE" moderates all I need!
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    @Clubber, I tend to agree, with the exception, as someone has mentioned previously, that it doesn’t do much good for new users who encounter the most egregious of trolls and bail before discovering ignore.

That said, I don’t think that particular problem will find a perfect solution in the current setup. New users won’t see the VIP area unless they write a review. They *will* see that there *is* a VIP area, so perhaps be more inclined to write a review.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    gmd,

How about founder automatically sends a message to new joiners? Just a warning about troll and he introduces the ignore feature? At that point they can exercise the ignore, tolerate the trolls, or then leave.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    That might work. If anybody actually read it. :)
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    gmd,

If they don't then no one to blame but themselves.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    True dat!

Maybe a sticky on the Discussions page, above the link for the Front Room. At least it would be there every time.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Those of you so much in favor of moderators are basically the assholes on this site who try to bully and antagonize anyone who disagrees with you. You basically want censorship to turn the site into your own little echo chamber.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Gonad
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion