tuscl

OT: Magnum P.I.

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
The new Magnum PI TV shows debuts tonight @9pm ET on CBS

6 comments

• Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    I hope they keep the theme song. I’m just waiting for a remake of “Simon & Simon.”
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Why did they cast Higgins as a woman???
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Seems they have the same catchy theme-song - I watched the show, wasn't great but wasn't terrible IMO - can't believe two Ferraris were totalled in the first episode (nothing ever happened to the Ferrari in the original show)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I guess they casted Higgins as a woman to add sex-appeal to the show - and maybe make it more PC (no female characters in the original) - the Higgins chick actually played her character pretty-well I thought
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I saw the previews and it looks awful. Let me know if the premier is any good.

I was hopeful for the Hawaii five-0 reboot, but it got corny quick.
  • WillMunny
    6 years ago
    "Nothing ever happened to the Ferrari in the original show"

Actually that isn't correct. In addition to a number of episodes where it received minor damage (fender benders, bullet holes), there was an episode where the original Ferrari was blown up, killing Magnum's buddy "Mac." They replaced it (implying Robin Masters bought or already had another) by the next episode so if you didn't watch regularly it's easy to have missed.

For the new show, destroying 2 Ferraris in the 1 hour pilot episode shows they're making much too heavy use of CGI.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion