tuscl

Atlanta stripper lets 3 yo child starve to death.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/27/chi…

Anybody recognize where she worked?

15 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    No where Juice goes to because he brings strippers KitKats.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I guess we can rule out Follies since you don’t recognize her.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    While I’m sure that it is quicker for kids than adults, you still have to go a long time without food to starve to death. How the fuck could anybody, even a stripper, not feed their kid for so long? They should lock her away and not give her any food until she joins her child.
  • rane1234
    6 years ago
    Thought i was desensitized to these kind of stories but no...smh rip
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Almost 3 years old and only 14 pounds ... those "parents" deserve to burn in hell.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    It's a shame all the money went to feed the drugs instead.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    It looks bad for her, but they will need to wait for a real autopsy to know the actual cause of death. There are medical conditions that can cause children to fail to thrive and to die from malnutrition. The media has sensationalized the story because moms a stripper. Like I said it looks bad for her but I don’t think the police officers involved are qualified to make the medical assessments they are quoting to the media.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ I was kinda thinking the same-thing - perhaps the girl had some kinda medical-condition - but then I'm thinking if that was the case the girl should have been getting specialized care or at least her condition would have been documented.

Perhaps the mother failed to recognize the state the girl was in but one would think it'd be obvious the girl was not doing well - plus the authorities had previously been contacted w.r.t. the welfare of the girl.

All in all it looks like neglect more than an unfortunate illness.
  • Jdavid9806
    6 years ago
    Did you guys read it? “An autopsy was conducted on Wednesday and determined the child’s cause of death to be neglect from malnutrition. ”
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    My guess is that she was an illegal drugs user. This is an extreme example of the neglect/abuse that I referred to in the other thread.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Jdavid, yes, did read the article. In Ga it is virtually impossible to have a death on Tuesday and full autopsy results the next day on Wednesday. As I said, this looks really bad for her, but Gwinnett PD has a bad habit of going on camera offering their opinions and determinations. It is quite possible the media got it wrong too and confused “preliminary findings” with an autopsy.

Several years back my family had friends who lost a daughter due to “malnutrition” and failure to thrive. Because they were caring for the child at home there were many armchair quarterbacks that questioned what happened and whether the parents were trying. Eventually they were cleared when the real experts testified how this could happen. It could be a stripper that has neglected her child or there could be more to the story. Regardless, it is heartbreaking.
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    bubba267 has a good point. If this child's mother was a well-educated professional or even a blue-collar but otherwise respected profession people would wait until an absolutely final determination to establish whether this was an unavoidable death (or a very difficult to avoid death).

If it was an easily avoidable death (which I suspect to be true based on the article but don't 100% know to be true) then the mother will no doubt be convicted and go to prison. This is America and you're innocent until proven guilty.

Regardless, as bubby267 says, no matter how you look at the story it is very sad.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Putting the cause of death aside, why was an infant left alone all night?
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Another real problem for her if it is true. Unfortunately we sometimes learn about these situations after a fire tragedy or similar. The problem with today's media is that we have created an all news all the time environment where viewers and readers get hot off the press information, often fraught with inaccuracy and then immediately come to a group think conclusion, lead by the nose by the media. This rant is directed at any of my fellow TUSCL'ers. But I'm growing to distrust and despise the media.

Again, I've got concerns with Gwinnette PD's treatment of this situation, and frankly a number of others. Why does a police department produce a "media release" for the select cases that they think will be most sensational and then have a cadre of spokespersons ready to go on camera for interviews?

She may be guilty as shit but if she's not, we will never hear a retraction in the media.

And to answer the question, I have no idea where she works :)))
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Should be "this rant ISN'T directed!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion