tuscl

Are you sick of Ambulance Chaser commercials ?

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Thursday, July 19, 2018 12:31 PM
I am in the process of switching to satellite radio and I don't watch certain local TV channels anymore. Why ? I am sick and tired of watching ambulance chasers tell the world that everyone is a victim and they need to "get what they deserve". Now I am not against the law profession. There are reasons for attorneys. Contracts, divorce, estate planning, real estate transactions, criminal, etc. There are numerous honorable attorneys out there that provide very needed and necessary legal advice. The guys I hate are the ones that put the ads on TV saying "get what you deserve" or "for the people" or " I got Jimmy $700,000 ". And they do it all by making you think they are on your side, working for you against the big bad insurance companies. All they do is run up everyone's ( and I mean everyone's ) insurance costs. And making themselves extremely rich in the process. I read that 40% of the cost of any insurance premium is the cost of that insurance company's litigation expenses. So 40% of your annual insurance costs go to these blowhards. Am I the only one that hates these guys ?

17 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Actually there is another side to that, if insurance companies behaved honorably and took care of their rate payers, 60% of these lawsuits would never happen, insurance companies are benefiting at your expense, as a result the tort industry has gotten adept at forcing big businesses and insurance companies to follow the law. Hate on lwwyers, for deserved reasons, but if you believe that litigation expenses are solely the fault of tort lawyers, you’re making a big mistake.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I agree that many plaintiff’s attorneys are ambulance chasing scum who are an unnecessary drain on our economy and our society. However, there are many other attorneys who are outstanding professionals who can be of a tremendous help if you need them. The problem is that our law schools turn out far more lawyers than we need because people erroneously think that being a lawyer is an easy road to riches so lots of people (including many strippers that I talk to) want to be a lawyer. There aren’t enough jobs for all of these lawyers so the weaker ones who can’t make a living otherwise resort to the sort of crap that the OP describes.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @JS69 that’s correct, I absolutely agree, but many defendant lawyers are the same as plaintiff lawyers
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    On the plus side, you can find lots of funny ambulance chaser ads on YouTube. I don’t have time to find it now but my fav is where a car falls from the ceiling right next to the creepy lawyer.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    It will always be that the people who are most in need of a lawyer are the ones who can least afford one. This society divides into those who can afford to solve problems with attorneys, versus those who cannot and hence suffer from all manner of injustices. Suits against large institutions and doing class actions are one of the ways a little guy can get a modicum of fairness. Judges dismiss frivolous suits, or they exclude the evidence, hence destroying it. SJG
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    What do personal injury attorneys dream of? [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    That is a funny movie, but it is also fiction. SJG
  • crsm27
    6 years ago
    Everyone on this thread is correct.... A little insight on some Personal Injury lawyers or if you ever need one ask them a few questions. Because they always like to brag, "I got my client $700,000" from an insurance company. Well he did get his client that amount awarded.... but then he took 30% of that so the client really only got $490,000 of that... yet the insurance company first offered to settle before court at $500,000. Yes this happens more than you think. The clients think that they "stuck it" to the insurance company yet they still came out with less. Or the first offer was for $475,000.... was it worth dragging things out and stress on your life for the extra $15,000??? Just some things to think about before getting a lawyer sometimes. But yes... Insurance companies back in the day created the demand for more lawyers and to fight. Also to back up some of what Warrior is stating. First think a personal injury lawyer will do is call the company they are suing or person they are suing and find out... What are the policy limits? Because they know if the policy limits are $100,000 they know the company will settle out of court for $60,000 or what ever. Another example of how lawyers are raising insurance rates or costs for everyone. Lawyers are "advising" companies to have sub contractors carry more "liability insurance". So lets say a plumber is doing a job for business. That lawyer tells that business to make sure all sub contractors carry $1,000,000 in liability. So anyone who wants to get the job. They need that. So they increase the limit... that goes into the bid price. Next year same thing... but lawyer says.. .subs contractors should have $2,000,000.... and again up goes fees and bids. Which all gets passed along. especially think about this with the expanding of hospitals, clinics, etc. Where do they get their money... from patient costs. How do patients pay bills... insurance! It is all fucking cyclical. Sorry for the rant... but Warrior is 100% correct.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    I'd bet you'd be ok watching this legal ad 20 times a day. [view link]
  • crsm27
    6 years ago
    I meant in my example of the $700,000 and offer was before the client got a lawyer. So insurance company offered $475,000 to settle claim. They say.. no I am going to get a lawyer....
  • You guys are being pretty harsh, I mean, it's not like they're DIVORCE lawyers...
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    If I am ever reincarnated, it will be as a DIVORCE LAWYER. SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A while back I would hear a radio ad in Miami for a personal injury attorney and the commercial would say "Call Jorge" - then I took a trip to Atlanta and heard the exact same commercial - I doubt Jorge sees clients in both Miami and Atlanta - I assume it was some kinda attorney-referral service behind this making it seem you would be dealing w/ Jorge.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    No one minds when inferiors make entertaining posts.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Not that I’d ever watch these shows - but if you watch Maury Povich, Jerry Springer, and the other shows that run on that channel - you will see lots of those commercials. I think Cellino and Barnes is one of the big advertisers. I’m guessing that if you watch Judge Judy - or Hot Bench - or Judge Mathis - you’d see many similar commercials.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    If they had malpractice ads - featuring strippers - telling their tales of ruptured implants - in tiny bikinis - I’d make an exception and watch them.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I got so sick of seeing commercials and paying for channels that I never watch that I got rid of all my TV service several years ago. The only thing I have now is Netflix and Hulu. I spent 4 days in the hospital the first week of June. They of course don't have any pay channels so I got 4 days of commercials. I had more than 1 reason to want to get out of there. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion