tuscl

Who's your Top 10 Presidential First Ladies of The U.S.?

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:52 PM
try to put politics aside, and letting a few other things slide, lol if i had to rate the top 10 First Ladies of The U.S. (and try to give a little blurb why) 1. Hillary Clinton (first lady, senator, secretary of state, ran for presidency; first woman to win a state in a presidential election. you can hate her or not vote for her, but she's lived 3 lifetimes in 1 lifetime.) 2. Jackie Kennedy (she got the idea for the eternal flame for kennedy after she saw it on a trip overseas. handled his assassination best she could. she gets mad props from me handling her husband's public assassination w/ 2 kids and she was still in her 30s) 3. Betty Ford (Betty Ford Clinic helps many) 4. Rose Carter (building homes after the white house.) 5. Nellie Taft (she's the other (and first) first lady buried in arlington. she's done stuff like help get native peoples invited to social events even though the military was against it--at that time of history, that was bold of her; helped bring cherry blossoms to the u.s. personally planting the 1st two) 6. Eleanor Roosevelt (probably should be in top 5; can you name any other white first lady that's an honorary member of a prominent, popular historically black sorority?) 7. Tie: Martha Washington & Michelle Obama (being the first First Lady, automatically gets you props from me. & being the first black woman First Lady gets props) 8. still have to be worked out 9. I I I 10. V V V Towards the bottom of the list, for me, the last 2 would have to be Laura Bush (because she directly single-handedly accidentally killed someone when she was younger, which i empathize, it was an accident, and i wouldn't wish on anyone, but i can't put her above any first lady who hasn't directly killed someone) and Barbara Bush.

37 comments

• TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    What F'N bullshit!
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    Melania Trump is easily #1 because she's pretty fucking hot. She actually looks a little like the blowup sex doll my friend bought as a gag when we were in college.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    For real, no Dolley Madison? One of the best hostesses of all time who saved Geirge Washingt9n's portrait and kept partying during the war of 1812 to prove the country was still going strong. And no Edith Wilson? The closest thing we've ever had to a woman president, as she handled a lot of the president's exective duties acting on behalf of Woodrow after his stroke (the stories go she said she was making decisions based on his guidance, even though many said he was far to incapicitated for even that...meaning she was doing it all on her own). Gotta include those two.
  • loper
    6 years ago
    It seems that all were decent people with the possible exceptions of Nancy Reagan and Melania. Many of them accomplished much: Eleanor Roosevelt, Hillary Clinton, Betty Ford, Jackie Kennedy, others. Hottest: Melania, Michelle, Jackie.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Dolly Madison; Eleanor Roosevelt; Barbara Bush; Edith Wilson; Jacqueline Kennedy; Betty Ford; Michelle Obama; Nancy Reagan; Hillary Clinton; Sarah Polk.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Way to go Loper. Typical Masshole. How's Pocahontas doing?
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    How about honorable mention for Presidential side-pieces: JFK's Marilyn Monroe has to be ranked #1. Where would Stormy et al. rank?
  • loper
    6 years ago
    Actually Elizabeth Warren is an awesome senator. Thanks for asking.
  • loper
    6 years ago
    And, how's that anti-cyber-bullying program working out? Just say no, that was wicked effective, wasn't it.
  • abqspencer
    6 years ago
    Barbara Bush at the bottom of your list? That's horseshit
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Michelle most educated first lady of all time.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Sorry gothamyte. You lost me at #1.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Gotta be Dolly Madison. I love those cup cakes.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I like Dolly Madison for her ice cream.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I will now list Elizabeth Warrens total of accomplishments in the Senate:. Thanks. Most educated lady of all time is Michelle Obama? I guess ignorance is bliss.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm sorry, but how can someone who is embarrassed to be an American be a great First Lady? Instant disqualification.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    A top 10 list of First Ladies seems a bit lengthy. In terms of hotness - I’d say Melania Trump - followed by Jackie O - and then Marilyn Monroe - then that’s all I’ve got...
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    @Skibum: "Most educated lady of all time is Michelle Obama? I guess ignorance is bliss." _____________ Michelle's from Princeton and Harvard Law (like your daddy) @SkiBirther. Hillary's from Yale Law. Melania is a glorified sugar-baby.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    ...I take that back -- Melania's more of a mail-order bride.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ but Melania is hot.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    ^^Melania doesn’t do it for me, maybe it’s the plastic surgery. I like a woman’s face to actually move
  • loper
    6 years ago
    I see how much you like intelligent women, skibum. Among other things, Elizabeth Warren formed the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Can't help it if Trump is out to destroy everything good in this country.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Melania just doesn’t do it for me she reminds me too much of The Stepford Wives.
  • Tiredtraveler
    6 years ago
    Certainly not the hildabeast she was a murderous vicious cunt before billy got elected who treated the white house employees like dirt. Michelle Obama is only perceived as the best educated because she shouted it at everyone. I frankly do not give a crap about her education and in fact her being a lawyer like hildabeast makes them a lower form of life. But I will give one thing she shielded her kids from the worst of the political fallout. Laura Bush was a gracious host and tried to protect her kids as was Barbara Bush. You are all losing sight of the fact that the "first lady" is not supposed to be a political figure. That person is supposed to run the social side of the white house and present the public face of the head of state for the USA to the world. Many have fallen very short of that job. Hillary did not do it at all Michelle only did the minimum in order to use the perks of the position for elaborate travel. Rosaline Carter or Pat Nixon fell short. The Bush wives did OK as did Lady Bird. I do not know enough of Mrs Ford. Nancy Reagan was quite good and did a fine job but likely the best in my lifetime was Jackie Kennedy. She took a building that had not been redecorated since before WWII and brought it back to an elegant presidential residence. The Trumans did not even live there long because of structural issues and did little Eisenhowers. By tradition first spouses are to take up a relevant social issue and run with it. Michelle decided to starve school kids. Hillary decided to try to socialize medicine and when that was rejected she just reverted to being herself..a viscous murderous cunt protecting her philandering husband. The bushes took on literacy, Nancy Reagan took on drug abuse education Lady Bird was a conservationist as I recall etc. To do anything else is an embarrassment to the USA. I frankly done not care what they have done since because they do not represent the USA any more. You know what a they say when a planeload of lawyers crashes---A good start A lawyer was arguing with St Peter at the gates to the after life saying "how could my life be finished I am only 45" St Peter replied: "we have a new rule about lawyers lives and according to your billing hours you are 102" You know why the testing laboratory started using lawyers instead of rats? Because there are things that a rat just will not do !
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Most educated lady of all time is Michelle Obama? I guess ignorance is bliss." Um, are you joking? It's a fact. She's the first (and only) first lady to attend an ivy league school for her undergrad. She also attended ivy league for law school. And, she went to an elite high school. There are only three other first ladies with grad degrees. Nixon and Bush, who I believe got Masters degrees and were teachers and librarians respectively. Then there's Hillary, law degree from Yale. I mean it's pretty indisputable that Michelle is the most educated, followed by Hillary.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Anyhow, the best first lady of all time is Eleanor Roosevelt. That's easy. Jackie is a close second. Michelle, Hillary, Lady Bird Johnson, Abigail Adams were all good too.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    Ugh, some of you are so obnoxious when comes to Hillary. Give it a rest and get over your hate obsession of her. It's getting old and creepy. Yes, she's polarizing and we'll leave it at that.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    @nina - Yeah Eleanor is routinely considered the best and rightfully so. But as I mentioned above, not sure how our unofficial first female president, Edith Wilson, doesn't get the love she deserves here.
  • gothamyte
    6 years ago
    i'll answer that, a21985. i ranked edith 11th on my presidential first ladies list, (which isn't bad, just not top 10). no shame in being in the top 15. i'm reserving spots #8-10 for future first ladies who may fit the bill. otherwise edith comes in at #10 if no other first ladies in the future are that elite. E.W. doesn't rank higher in my book because she gets overshadowed by her presidential husband, woodrow who was a bigot and a racist even for his era. like, despite bill clinton's faults, hillary still conquered 3-4 different roles on her own, however you wanna take that: first lady, senator. she ran for president. had edith conquered being in like another top tier public official role seperately, then she would've definitely been in my top 10. i was trying to not put in wives of racists in the top 10 ten, those women can be listed in the top 15 or top 20, but i can't put them in the top 10 UNLESSSSSSSSS they overshadowed their racist or sexist husband in some profound way. eleanor overshadowed franklin in some ways. she isn't #1 to me because she's also franklin's cousin. they're related. her maiden last name is also roosevelt as his is. so, i can't put her #1. i can't put her above other first ladies who weren't directly related to their husbands. lol. JFK's admin spying on MLK isn't cool, but jackie overshadowed her husband in some ways. especially the way she handled his murder with 2 kids at her age,PUBLICLY. and as someone mentioned above the way she spruced up the white house when she moved in. then again, the kennedys had money. i kinda expect folks with money to do that. po' folks won't really make that a priority. lol. just like i can't rank any of the past first ladies who may have been racists over laura bush because she accidentally killed her high school classmate. laura bush has to be towards the bottom for that, if not the bottom. i don't wish that on anyone--accidentally killing someone. it could happen to me. i pray it doesn't. but i can't rank laura above any first lady who simply hasn't accidentally killed anyone. the way i have to rank a few women above eleanor, though she tops because she's directly related to her husband. i have to rank others above her for not being that closely related to their spouse. also, with my first ladies top 10 list, i'm trying to give out stars, bonuses, salutes and ranks for those who went BEYOND their role of wife. edith taking over for wilson, unfortuneately, is part of the job. it's expected. sure, she excelled and should be given props but it's expected. whereas being the very first First Ladies like martha washington isn't expected. if that makes any sense. like for example, i shouldn't steal things. so, don't give me props, really, for not stealing things in my life. that's kinda expected of me. right? that's where i'm going
  • gothamyte
    6 years ago
    again, first ladies like dolly madison, etc would be in the top 15 or top 20. ain't no shame in that. the top 10 table is reserved. oh and i'm looking at you, mrs. obama..your #7 ranking is in jeopardy if you don't do anything else significant with your stature after the WH. you could slip to #8 or number #10. and yes, barbara bush is towards the bottom. she's been a vice-president's wife, president's wife and mother of a president. that should've ranked her in the top 10. too bad, she hasn't done much with her power, influence or stature. in 1990, while she was first lady, i believe, she called the tv show the simpson's "the dumbest thing she'd ever seen" where the fictional marge simpson wrote back to barbara defending her family and barbara had to concede to A FICTIONAL CHARACTER. so, someone explain this to me: how do you go from being a vice-presidential wife for 8 years, then become a first lady yourself, and a cartoon character has to teach you humility? this is who y'all championing? i'm not gloating over barbara bush's death. i'm saying give any other of the 44+ first ladies the same opportunity: 8 years being a VP's wiffe, 4 years being a President's wife, 8 years being the mother of a president and see what they do with it. i believe more than barbara bush did.
  • gothamyte
    6 years ago
    one more thing about jackie kennedy, for me: she spoke different languages, which isnt' a first lady first. but she could speak spanish, although she wasn't super great at it. when JFK was running, i think she also helped out by speaking spanish at campaign stops. the night before JFK was murdered in dallas, she and jack were at a venue where there were hispanics and she went up and spoke spanish. imagine the hispanics in the room that night seeing your first lady speaking spanish. how many other first ladies ever spoke spanish publicly or came down to where you were in texas and spoke spanish? especially with the number of hispanics / latinos in this country, that's pretty cool. and sure, afterwards they're may have been first ladies who spoke spanish, but jackie doing it back then, i'll give it to her. and hey, maybe she was racist. but i read the hispanics and latinos in the room that night before jfk was murdered was mightily impressed and inspired since it just hadn't really been done like that before....
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Helen Taft gets my vote. You gotta give her extra points for fucking a fat guy.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Well Melania fucked a fat guy once. You gotta give her points for using a bucket of KFC ! LOL
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    "...who hasn't directly killed someone..." Should have been posted with your #1.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Correct, Melanie is back on top.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Melania
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^She only gets him into the bedroom by leaving a trail of KFC chicken wings and cans of coke, otherwise he’d just sit and tweet all night. LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion