tuscl

What It's Like To Be Married To An Instagram "Influencer"

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Is Juice considered an Instagram Influencer since he's posting links for us to click on all the time?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/apos-mar…

Fucking snowflakes.

7 comments

• RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Strange new world where you can post banal shit and make a fortune by getting a big enough following.

One of the SA girls I was seeing last year was also Asian, a triathlete, and trying to break in with her Instagram page with the goal of getting a sponsor. Basically pictures of herself in athletic attire with posts about diet and exercise tips. But getting hundreds of thousands of followers takes a special marketing talent. She's getting a grad in physical therapy and wants to open a business specifically aimed toward athletes, which seems like a perfect choice for her.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Gee Random. Thanks for sharing that. My day is now complete.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    Your welcome. Sorry for being on topic
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    I’m not sure how I feel about that. On one hand I’m like “get a real fucking job snowflake” but on the other hand, if people were stupid enough to sponsor me to take good photos and pay me gobs of money for it, I’d do it and I guess I can’t blame them.

I think the annoying part is all of the wannabes who fail miserably at this task.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    There's just so many of them out there though. If you search one and then search for similar profiles you'd spend the rest of your life scrolling through shot after shot of wanna be models showing off their natural or store bought goodies.

But like Shailynn said, if it really is a simple as taking a shit ton of selfies and having your SO snap a bunch of provocative photos and getting good money then you can't blame all these chicks for trying.

I'm curious what the benchmark number of followers is for these 'Instagram Influencers' to be able to make a decent living off of sponsors?
  • K
    6 years ago
    Paying a magazine to advertise a product makes sense but paying a person with a devoted following to do the same is stupid? I know several women that do this and I am sure you do to. Typically these people, not all are women, have large following of a specific demographic. The followers have to be engaged. That is they need to be likely to look at the post while it is fresh, like it, comment and forward it and most importantly, act of it by buying the product.

one lady has a following for her makeup. She gets brand name makeup and she does tutorials on how to apply it. Which colors and techniques to use for whatever reasons. Another woman wears clothing out and about. Her IG posts generate sales.

I did not understand it at first but this form of advertising is superior in many ways to classic advertising. You know it was seen. You know it reached your target audience. You know it generated sales. It is much cheaper. A business would be crazy to not use it if it fits for their product. Cheaper and more effective. people with a devoted following would be crazy to not consider it. Get free product and get paid for wearing what you would have any way.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    HUH ?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion