tuscl

Oasis atlanta

Daddillac
Atlanta
Thursday, March 22, 2018 8:56 PM
I just noticed they were listed on TUSCL as permanently closed.... I called them, they answered and said that they would be open tomorrow at 1130am, business as usual, alcohol and nudity. Never was my favorite place but it appears that they will open again

26 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    So - were they actually closed at any point?
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Appears they were.... girl that answered phone said they were open tomorrow but did NOT say we are open now.... also there was no loud music in the background. So I'm betting they were closed today
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Looks like they are not listed at all at the moment.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Things do not look good for Oasis. [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    @DrE Closed clubs don't appear on the list - if you type "Oasis Atlanta" in the TUSCL search box at bottom of TUSCL homepage, the club's page will come up with a banner saying it's closed
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    ^thx.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    !
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    Just drove past on my way back from basketball. Parking lot was empty at 12:45.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    That'll tech them to throw me out! I know a guy that has an ex that has a cousin that used to room with a girl who knows a guy that used to be on the city council. They don't know who they're dealing with!
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    We were actually going to stop in, but after seeing the empty parking lot I came home and looked for news here. And found it.
  • WillMunny
    6 years ago
    Notice the date on the article Shadow posted is from 2017 - not seeing anything more recent that updates the legal situation, and obviously the club's been operating "business as usual" (well, more or less anyway) since then. Curious if anyone has any factual and substantive information to share.
  • Vinnied
    6 years ago
    Stopped by Wednesday. Parking lot almost empty. There was a guy at the door; told me "no girls and no alcohol". What else is there? "food" He said they were staying open and their legal team was working on trying to get back to business as usual. Went down to the Pink Pony. Several girls from Oasis there doing Audition dances.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    I liked that place and had some fun there. It's not Follies but no where is.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    Hopefully the girls that are suited to it will show up a Follies.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Club now shown as open. It would be nice if we knew the source for this. Somebody must know why it was shut down, etc.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Folks should wait a while b/f notifying TUSCL a club is closed in case it's a temporary closures
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I was at Follies today and one of the dancers told me that Oasis had lost their liquor license. I don't know if that is still true.
  • VeryBigDawg
    6 years ago
    That sucks. Oasis used to be a great club.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Oasis was a good place to go to have some drinks and look at girls, though I did have some fun in the VIP quite a few times.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    Anyone happen to drive by and notice if they are open or closed?
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I just phoned them at 11:30 EDT and asked "Just checking to see if you are open and have your liquor license back". She said "Everything is fine" and hung up while I was trying to confirm that they were serving liquor. Bitch!
  • WillMunny
    6 years ago
    @Shadow, due respect but if you phrased the question that way then I'm not at all surprised the woman answering the phone was short with you - "do you have your liquor license back?" sounds like an investigative reporter, not a potential customer. What's rong with "Do you serve alcohol?" Obviously the club's status is questionable right now, so I'm sure everyone working there is tense. Rumor has it after the temporary closure a number of dancers started applying to other clubs (not going to specify which since all of this is unconfirmed). For whatever faults it may have, Oasis is a solid club and it would be a significant loss to the metro ATL clubbing scene if they do end up shutting their doors. It would also set a dangerous precedent as a "win" for the politicians who made shutting it down part of their agenda.
  • joc13
    6 years ago
    I would be very sad if Oasis closes for good. Been going there for over 20 years. Yes, there are several Oasis girls that would be nice to have at Follies, but they are more likely to go Mardi Gras or Pink Pony first.
  • Vinnied
    6 years ago
    Stopped by this week. They are open - business as usual. At least for now.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Just a mention, there had been a listing for a truck stop like club in Kingman AZ, and I had thought there were a few in Flagstaff. Gone now? Big Rig Doll House, still looks open [view link] Here it says Blush Cabaret, Flagstaff, permanently closed [view link] Maybe there are others? Is Prince George County MD coming back? How about Harem Club, Dayton Ohio? How about place between Toledo and Detroit? How about Arnie's Idly Hour, Harvey IL, coming back to its old glory? SJG Lady Fantasy [view link]
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Stopped by Sat afternoon. Seems pretty much business as usual, though a dancer told me that management is cracking down even more on floor dances. They are now not even allowed to touch your shoulders.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion