tuscl

Photo Hiding App

doctorevil
Evil Lair
Anyone use one? Recommendations?

10 comments

• Bj99
    7 years ago
    I think you could use imgbox that way. You’d just load the photos to it from your phone, and you can organize them in galleries.

There’s also thumb drives for phones, but I haven’t tried one.
  • Jdobbs84
    7 years ago
    Search your app store for vault. It looks and functions as a calculator. However when you set it up You set a "password" which is a math problem that only you know when you push the equals on the calculator it has a hidden part of the app to store video and pics.
  • Jdobbs84
    7 years ago
    When i did have it all was free also.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    Hmm. Thanks, BJ but I don’t really want to upload these photos to the cloud. I use an iPhone so a USB drive is not an option. There are lots of apps available for locking down certain photos, so many that it’s hard to choose one—was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I can’t imagine I’m the only one one this site with photos that I want to ensure remain private.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    Thx Jdobbs.
  • Jdobbs84
    7 years ago
    No problem. Hopefully it's still available and free. It worked seamlessly 2years ago when i last used it.
  • Hank Moody
    7 years ago
    HiCalculator. Works well. Free to try but eventually you’ll need to upgrade for $2 to get extra storage. I like it.
  • lotsoffun201
    7 years ago
    I use photo vault. It’s free and I “hide” the app in one of my icons on my iPhone that has multiple apps already. It’s also got a pretty slick editing feature included.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    So depending on exactly how much security you're going for, keep in mind that the Vault style applications merely hide your photos by putting them in a non-searchable directory and changing their name. For most vaults, you can actually just google "where does SketchyPhoto put my photos?" and find out the directory. Then you'll find a bunch of files with nonsense names, s93dsklgo8e9s.kles or whatever, which if you just rename with the write suffix, can be found again. Or, in other words, the files are not encrypted, they're hidden via moving and renaming. So, depending on who you are trying to hide your files from, and how savvy they are, Vault apps are not enough to hide a photo from someone who has some time with your phone and has determined what vault app you're using.

For myself, I put all my lewd pics of strippers in a vault app -- for those, I basically only care that if I hand my phone to my kids or a coworker to look at something, there's no way they're stumble on nude pics. But, for example, videos of my having sex with a stripper, I use strong encryption, not a vault.

These days I'm just using the vault functionality of Focus, which is my current fave Android gallery app. Besides the vault functionality, it also lets me easily lock a photo before I hand the phone to someone else to look at, which means they can't scroll through my gallery. Back when I was married, I used to use Hide It Pro. Hide It Pro has the advantage that it doesn't look like a vault app, it shows up on your screen as an audio tuner icon, and if you click on the icon, it brings up a equalizer that really works. Or, in other words, your spouse will not even realize you have a vault, unless she specifically looks up Hide It Pro to see how it works (and she's got no reason to do that, since she doesn't know Hide It Pro is there). Only by holding the right place for long enough, does it bring up the password screen and get you into the vault (it also has an encryption feature for pics/vids you need to encrypt). I can't remember why I got rid of Hide It Pro, but strictly for the vault functionality, I'm fine with my vault being integrated with my gallery app (Focus)
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Ah, I'm vaguely remembering that I might have gotten rid of Hide It Pro because the permissions needed became ominous, which is unacceptable in an app that's supposed to be about security... so while I don't recommend that particular app, I do recommend thinking about how much security you need, and whether you need something like Hide It Pro's ability to hide itself in plain sight as a different app (so no one even knows you have a vault app), etc. Again, if you get something like Focus as your gallery app, it's got the vault functionality built into it, so you don't have any reason to explain a separate vault app to your wife. On the other hand, if your wife demands you unlock your Focus vault in front of her, then you're fucked.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion