tuscl

NBA All-Star Game

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Did anyone actually watch it?

Slam dunk contest?

3 pointer contest?

Friday nights features?

I caught the tail end of the Slam Dunk Friday night, quickly realized it was nothing like the contest 2 years ago and turned to college b-ball instead.

15 comments

• chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Dunk contest was trash. Missed the all star game but supposedly was good.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    @lapdanceking82 - You forgot to mention the DFK in the Front Room Contest
  • Warrior15
    7 years ago
    It SUCKED !!! Who came up with this stupid "pick teams" idea ? If the East is tired of getting their asses kicked, then get better players. The haftime "entertainment" was the worst I have ever seen at a major event like that. And the national anthem - Fergie, you are gorgeous but the anthem is not supposed to be a sexy song. I used to get excited when the NBA all-star game was on. This was terrible.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    It sucked right from the get go watched Olympics instead couple of good hockey games and bobsledding and alpine skiing.
  • magicrat
    7 years ago
    I haven't watched it in years and I'm a big NBA fan. Supposedly it was more competitive this year as opposed to the lay up line game last year (as on writer put it).
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    Zero interest in the all star games, pro bowls, whatever. Those games usually suck when nothing is at stake other than showing off and collecting their checks.
  • SteveSutton
    7 years ago
    They kist me at Fergie ... who the hell thought that was a good idea????? She should fire her whole team.
  • SteveSutton
    7 years ago
    *lost me at Fergie
  • Warrior15
    7 years ago
    Being "kist" by Fergie makes more sense.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "Those games usually suck when nothing is at stake other than showing off and collecting their checks."

Lol. Whats funny is they got paid more this than previously. If i was in charge they wouldnt get paid at all to play in the all star game. I think it would be better with the players willing to play for "free". Or something else i think they should start doing is capping these players appearances at something like 2 every 3 years or 3 every 4 or 5 years. Maybe the "snubs" would be a little more serious about it.
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    I like sports and I like the mlb all star game but baseball is the only one that seems to resemble the actual sport.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I enjoy the Saturday night skills competitions. Sadly I was out and I missed the events. The game is usually a waste.

In my memory - the hottest national anthem at an NBA all star game was done by Maria Carey - wearing a tight Jordan jersey as a dress. Fergie’s version isn’t close.
  • PeterEaster
    7 years ago
    I'm dating myself, but my favorite national anthem rendition is Linda Ronstadt, standing alone in center field before Game 3 of the 1977 World Series in Los Angeles, wearing jeans and a Dodgers warmup jacket.
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    "Those games usually suck when nothing is at stake other than showing off and collecting their checks."

I meant to say showing up instead of showing off but showing off isn't out of the equation. :D
  • daddyfatsack
    7 years ago
    All the "I hate the NBA" guys in here. Surprise surprise. Skills challenge: ok. 3 point shootout: good. Dunk contest: eh. Game: very good. But warning I'm not "I hate the NBA" guy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion