tuscl

Columbia SC strip club shut down

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A strip club just outside of Columbia has shuttered its doors.

Thee Whiskey Tavern on Zimalcrest Drive was shut down, according to the Richland County Sheriff’s Department. The club was referred to by the agency in a social media post Tuesday as a “hotbed for criminal activity” in that area, which included operating illegally as a sexually oriented business.

“Over the course of three years our deputies responded to Thee Whiskey Tavern some 90 times,” Sheriff Leon Lott said in a news release. “These calls included aggravated assaults, robberies, weapon law violations, liquor law violations, criminal sexual conduct and property crimes.”

WIS reported in September that the Richland County Council had voted on Sept. 12 to yank the club’s business licenses, citing a zoning issue. But the club was posting on social media as still being in operation as recent as Nov. 1.

A woman was reportedly stabbed at one of the strip club’s bathrooms in October 2016, The State reported at the time. In August, the club was the site of a robbery, according to a sheriff’s department news release.

“Count it a community win,” the agency said Tuesday via Twitter. “RCSD and many community and county partners have successfully fought to have Thee Whiskey Tavern closed.”

I was the first to review this club back in 2010. I was denied entry because I was wearing sweat pants. The last paragraph of my review:

My best guess is that this club is a front for prostitution. Membership, seedy motel & locked entrance. Probably won't be around very long. It did rack up 20 reviews in it's 7 years of business.

8 comments

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Sorry to hear of all these closures and LE activities.

SJG

Jeff Beck - 2017 full concert ft/ Rosie Oddie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXJQb7aI…
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    The loss of that shithole is not exactly a blow to society.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^^ still sets the precedent for closing strip clubs.

SJG
  • tumblingdice
    7 years ago
    FUCK,that club accounted for 80%of my heroin sales.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Fuck, that club was one of my best sources of front room makeout sessions!

SJG
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    SJG, that place was not really a club. They occasionally had girls dancing but often did not. It was a weird little bar attached to a seedy hotel.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Better off - terrible clubs make it worse for everyone including SCers b/c it gives all SCs a black-eye in the eyes of non-SCers
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Dives and shit holes set the standard for economy and delivery. We need them. It would be better if these clubs enforced against drugs. Mark94 said that it is drugs that get these places in trouble.

But we still don't want LE closing clubs, otherwise it will all go to Deja Vu.

SJG

Republicans suddenly fear disastrous 2018
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/r…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion