tuscl

Does anyone notice that the clubs are more busy lately?

BurlingtonHoFactory
New Jersey, near the Shore
Does anyone notice that the clubs are more busy lately? I think it's because of what's happening with Backpage.

For those who don't know, last year, Backpage responded to political pressure by shutting down their Erotic Services section. At the time, it didn't make much of a difference because the hookers quickly migrated to the Dating section instead. It must have really sucked for the people who were actually trying to get a civilian date on Backpage, but at least the hookers were still able to post their ads for a while.

But now, it seems that Senators Claire McCaskill and Rob Portman have figured out this little shell game, and they're going after BP again, trying to brand them as human traffickers. So last month Backpage responded by not allowing any more free ads in the Dating section (they all cost money, now), meaning that the girls have to leave a paper trail. Plus they now require that the girls include the links to their social media pages in order to be allowed to post an ad in the Dating section, which obviously will discourage many of the girls.

Needless to say, I think this is a terrible idea. Backpage isn't really "my thing," but I think people should nonetheless have the right to sell their asses if they want to. In fact, it seems that this move has chased away a lot of the independent girls, while the agencies and AMPs continue to operate freely, which means that it seems to have left the actual traffickers untouched. I wish BP wouldn't cave right away, but I understand that they probably have no choice. The same thing happened to Craigslist in 2010, which is probably what led to the rise of Backpage to begin with, as girls began migrating there instead. Hopefully someone will build a competitor to BP soon, and it will fly under the radar for a few years, just like BP did.

But the upshot is that I've noticed that the clubs in my area are a bit busier lately. The ad volume at BP is probably down by 50%, so it makes sense that the mongers need to go somewhere else to release their "tension." Does anyone else notice this?

18 comments

• lick-that
    7 years ago
    Good points. You may be onto something there, but like you I don't do BP, so I can't correlate. I have noticed some places more busy, but also some drastically down. I thought it was just the more Party atmosphere a lot of clubs have been going for. A lot of those customers are not spending customers I've been told by many dancers though. Just there for the Party vibe and to drink. So I'll I'll see a full bar but the girls all complaining there's no $$$. Guys just hanging out.
    Demise of BP would drive a lot more girls into stripping I would think, as that would be a legal venue for them to peddle themselves to mongers.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    In Phoenix, we have seasonal, monthly, and weekly SC business cycles. Plus, athletic events, conventions, and even weather affect the number of customers. It’s tough to sort out a longer term trend with all these other influences.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Kinda what Mark94 said, there seem to be cyclical changes, or just plain ole coincidence - there are times I expect the club to be jumping and it's slower than I would've thought, and there are times when I think it'll be slow and I walk into a packed club - also some clubs, particularly dives, seem to change management, or management-style, often, affecting the vibe of the club in the positive or negative.

I doubt that it's BP mongers, but anything is possible - this time of year there isn't much going or much to do so PLs may be using the club more often as a distraction, but who knows.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    In Florida It’s the lull between summer activities and the holidays coming up soon in another few weeks the snowbirds will be here in full force then it becomes visitors holiday parties the clubs seem to be busy now then again after New year they crank up again then it dies down a bit till spring breaktime, that’s my obseri.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    Maybe you guys are right. I might be reading too much into it.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I was just thinking that it was about this time last year that my SC visits began to peak and that the clubs were pretty busy this time last year. With both football and basketball in season this time of year, I have more excuses to be out.

This year, I probably won't increase my SC visits though, since I have been seeing a couple girls from SA so that's where my money has been going.
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    I noticed one of my fave clubs was unusually busy this afternoon but soon learned that it had nothing to do with BP and everything to do with the free buffet the club offered. As soon as the food ran out the place emptied. Damn moochers.
  • lick-that
    7 years ago
    Lolol
  • Jdobbs84
    7 years ago
    I did most of my mongering on BP until the recent crackdowns and lime light. I can say that is the biggest reason for me to go back to SCing. I did that before i found Craigslist and eventually BP. Now I'm back after a long hiatus to help relieve "tention". So in my particular case you hit the nail on the head.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    It's either Bush's fault or due to global warming.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @bhf "Maybe you guys are right. I might be reading too much into it."

I've had many dancers tell me that spring and summer are slow and fall and winter are the busy season. One dancer I know pretty well is starting to settle back into a more regular schedule, cause as she says "the pools are closed, no one's taking their boat out on the lake anymore, baseball is over, and there just isn't anything else to do, so I might as well be at the club"

So, for customers, it's either the same exact reason, or it's "the good strippers are migrating back for the season, so I'll start going more too."

I know that the few times I do go, it will probably be to see if my two CFs from last winter show back up. I know that at least one of them was migratory.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Fall/winter tend to be quite a bit busier than summer in many areas.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    In the Northeast and MidAtlantic states the trend is for clubs to be busier after Labor Day and through football season and then start to die off.......

Not sure about other parts of the country but from what I have heard places like Vegas tend to be higher traffic until around May with slower summers.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Yep. If you ask career strippers, they will most likely tell you that the weeks leading up to Holloween thru Thanksgiving and the the weeks leading up to Christmas, are the times they make “bank.”

Mostly because of the holidays in October, November and December, it seems like business picks up in the clubs.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I’ve taken to tracking micro stripper trends. I want to be at the club when there are the most favorite dancers, the fewest customers, the most liberal bouncers, and the most financial desperation on the part of the strippers.
    The peak time is between noon and 2pm, on Monday or Tuesday, before a Holiday weekend, near the first of the month. The worst time is any Friday or Saturday night.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    BTW , agree w/ JS69, especially in the south
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    My usual clubs west of Charlotte have been in a bit of a lull. I see more girls showing up on Sunday and Monday because the prior weekend was not "good enough".
    I think part of it is that this October has 3 weekends in the last half of the month... Thins out customer spare cash. And we have had a warm October, maybe guys have had more family things happening to occupy themselves.
  • Doces300
    7 years ago
    Wow my area is dead right now. I spent an evening ITC with my CF, there were maybe 5 other guys there all evening, pretty sure she was the only one who made money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion