tuscl

Using strip clubs as waiting areas.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Have you ever used a strip club as a waiting area? I remember once several years ago I was in Columbia SC, 300+ miles from home and the clutch went out on my ranger. I took it to a local Ford dealer and it was a labor intensive job. So they dropped me off at the Platinum Plus and picked me up 5 hours later, when the job was done. While I was waiting there was another customer in their waiting on his BMW for a nearby dealer.

Follies has a Pep Boys right next door. In fact on week end nights they even have their own parking lot attendant to collect overflow

from Follies. I'll bet a lot of customers probably hang out at Follies while they get their cars serviced there.

Airplanes are known for being late. The Goldrush in Atlanta claims on it's web site to be the cloest club to the airport.

What other businesses are close to strip clubs that make the clubs good places to wait?

16 comments

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    :)

I have noticed that many of these well liked places are near motels and general aviation airports.

SJG
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Yes sometimes I get off at work at 5pm, and that's the murderous traffic time in LA, so I'll stop by a club or two close to my house until traffic gets better.
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ close to your house? To wait til traffic gets better? Hmmm
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Nice excuse fish fucker
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I meet lots of guys who say they do this. My favorites are the old guys who use it as their waiting area between various cra appointments. I'm happy to make their wait more fun.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    *close to my work*
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Drs. appointments.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Closest was when I accidentally booked a flight with a layover in Cleveland. I would feel awkward going to get my car serviced, arm elbow-deep in my soft pants asking to be dropped off at a strip club.
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    I have done this, but not waiting for a car repair or Drs appointment. I had a date with a hot, blonde Columbian chick one night. She lived down the road from Bourbon Street Circus, less than two miles. She texted she would be late getting ready so I went and spent nearly an hour tipping the girls on stage. It made the wait much nicer.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    I've used a club as a "waiting area" for an OTC date. It has the benefit of being plan B if the OTC doesn't work out. I'm also not overly shy about explaining what I'm doing to a stripper who's encouraging me to do dances or VIP. That lets them know I'm willing to do such, which serves two purposes, it either interests them enough to make a later proposition less surprising, or it (mostly) weeds out those who aren't interested.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Waiting areas, well we do often seem to be waiting for a dancer to finish with another PL, or come out of the dressing room. ; )
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    Mons Venus or 2001 Odyssey. Both very convenient to Tampa Airport. Once years ago I was burning time at 2001 waiting on a flight. One of the day shift dancers was going back to FLL and hitched a ride with me to the airport.
  • osogrande
    7 years ago
    I once had a windshield replaced and waited at a strip club--the Hangar Club in Maryland. Better than hanging around the shop; me, a bartender, two dancers, and enough cold beer to pass the time.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Like Corvus, I used BSC as a staging area before going out on an OTC date. She had to get off work at another club and I was early so I went there for about an hour before meeting her for the date.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I used to live in another Southeast city and always had to change planes in Atlanta whenever I flew anywhere. I trained my travel agent to book layovers of 6 hrs or more on my homeward flight. I'd park my carry-ons in a locker, take the train to a stop near Cheetah, get lunch and some dances to warm me up for a short walk to nearby massage parlor. A quick rub and tug and back on the train to catch final leg of trip home. Always made the flight much better.

These days I do just like some other guys describe. I'll hang out in a SC prior to an OTC date or FBSM appt to get the engine warmed up, or to ease the pain of getting cancelled on, if it happens (and it has).

Now that you mention it, the next time my car needs service, the Pep Boys next to Follies is gonna get the business and I don't have to pay the valet.
  • VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    FL you are right about the traffic problem. Atlanta is notorious for bad rush hour traffic. We used to kill a couple of hours at Mardi Gras to let the traffic burn off. The only problem with that was Mardi Gras is a pretty shitty strip club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion