tuscl

Gener bias in Corporate culture : Fact or Fiction

Sunday, July 2, 2017 11:23 AM
Whats been happening at Uber has presented a very biased image. I will start with a positive outlook and say there is no real discrimination, sometimes even women are favored till high senior roles except when it comes to board members or governing band plutocrats for which I will argue the sample size is too low, the rules are different-its not pure meritocracy and there are trust issues. One of the contributing reasons for all these discussions about gener bias in corporate culture keeps coming up because women are not secure that they have achieved equal status. Its as if all this equality is some sham. Some idiot says something funny based on previous stereotypes and the veneer collapses. An uber board member said women talk too much and had to apologize through his nose and resign. On the other hand Warren Buffet said if a joke about lady and a diplomat implying women are more shy then men, which was extrapolated to condoning rape (yes means yes, maybe doesn't mean yes) but it blew over. What I want to discuss is what are stereotypical biases or statements/ observations that may or may not imply discrimination but are becoming taboo. 1 Women are shy and don't emphatically say for example: "I want to have sex". 2. Women talk too much -- absolutely taboo. 3. Women like shopping shoes and jewelry -- maybe. 4. True bias: Single women (esp asian) are seen as cold and competent as opposed to dad types who are perceived as warm and fuzzy. Married women are seen as less competent. 5. Never say in a relationship women nag. This is based on a board meeting where men were talking their wives were a nag while there were some women in the meeting who took offense, and supervisor didn't intervene and wryly laughed through it. 6. True bias: women are perceived as bossy and less capable of building consensus. 7. The job/ work is secondary for women. This I think is biased depends case to case and is same for men. Of course men will often work overnight and not care about their family which employers like. Women require a lot more convincing beacause you are not obligated to work overnight but employers nudge you to because at higher levels job is not 9-5 its 24 hours and fucked up. 8. Women are not ambitious. Read above statement and put it in this perspective: what is living life worth? Men are idiots to not realize it as acutely as women also biologically research shows men are wired to have monomaniacal obsessions. 9. Never take a group even if there is a single women clients, senior corpocrats to strip club. Travis did this in Korea and some marketing director took offense. Women see strip clubs as dehumanizing and exploitative to women, at least you can never trust if they will. 10. Dont say anything that men and women should do in organized events. Let them figure it out and the attorney sort out the mess. All in all a real mature corporate leader should never speak anything and let it work out on its own. Men-women talk is becoming more like israel and philistine. And you know philistine had the place to itself before the Brits carved a dagger into it and now they are truly fucked-- even their peace talks are perceived as suspicious and israel is way to aggressive about Jerusalem.

1 comment

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Women have a different situation in life, so of course they handle themselves differently from the ways that men do. SJG When the Ubermensh is born and Dougster's plan goes into action: [view link] Who likes organ music? [view link] Obviously, we need more people with guns [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion