tuscl

Detroit 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
ETROIT (WJBK) - Police are searching for the last people to see a man alive after he was gunned down and left to die in a parking lot on Detroit's east side.

Officers believe a group may have witnessed something and could help lead them to the killer.

Alarming video shows a man who appears to have no clue someone is following him.

All of a sudden, at close range, gun fire breaks out.

The shooter briefly leaves then walks back to fire again.

The victim described as a 40-year-old man has not been identified.

"No character whatsoever, it just looked like he had a vendetta against the guy or something I don't know. It's crazy," said Rick Golick of ACE Appliances.

The shooting happened in front of ACE Appliances on 8 Mile, right next door to a strip club.

People say the men were leaving the Players gentleman's, where they say there was an argument or fight.

Police say the shooting happened at about 3 a.m. Wednesday.

No suspects have been identified but the video, shows possible witnesses they are hoping to identify and speak with.

Anyone who can put police in touch with the individuals in the videos is asked to give them a call.

"I hope they catch this guy. We certainly don't need anybody like that running around these streets. That's for sure," Golick said.

To see an execution this ruthless, workers hope the killer is caught soon.

If you have any information call detroit police or leave an anonymous tip with crime stoppers at 1-800-SPEAKUP.

10 comments

• JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I plain on being a sleep in my hotel room at this time in detwat LMFAO

Shit is insane

Any locals got any good advice when it's smart to pack up your clubbing bags and call it a night in hopes of avoiding this kind of Shit ?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    When you get to the Detroit bus stop on your Greyhound.
  • clubdude
    7 years ago
    Always leave before closing (i depart no later than 1:30 am).
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Sad to say, I've left Players at 3am...(with a couple dancers, lol).

Yeah, you probably don't want to be hanging around outside in that area at 3am. Just get in your car with your dancer and go get a hotel room.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Thanks for the safe tips guys

Is their pick pockets as well ?

Should I keep my money in my shoe ?
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    Advice: nothing good happens in Detroit after midnight. Most of us are probably numb to the first 15 minutes of the local morning news being dedicated to all the murders/deaths that happened over night. Downtown continues to get safer and nicer/classier, but the surrounding areas still require one to be vigilant and smart.
  • maho
    7 years ago
    I've left Penthouse at 2 AM and never felt unsafe. You walk out the door and valet is literally right their to take your ticket to get your car. Between 5-6 valet guys, a security guy, and 1-2 bouncers hanging out there are plenty of people right there.

I don't find driving 8 Mile at night to be an issue, but trying to find a gas station to pick up a late night snack for the hotel room can be dicey - even once back in the Livonia area where I stay. My most recent stay last week I did for the first time find a safe late night pocket in Livonia with a McDonalds, Taco Bell, and believe a Speedway which all felt perfectly safe.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Agree with Maho. Just either get your uber at the club or valet your car. If you are one of those guys trying to save $8 valet by parling down a sidestreet you are asking to be a statistic at 2am. PH and Coli are super safe and well lit. The others with valet are ok as well.

If you do valet your biggest risk at 2am are the cops just waiting for the bars and clubs to close.
  • maho
    7 years ago
    Suppose another equally important factor when leaving a club at 2 AM is the clientele of that club. Late night clientele at clubs like Penthouse and Flight Club (outside of Detroit) are going to be fine. Have never been at Coliseum past 11 PM, but have heard the crowd can potentially get a tad bit rowdy. As for other Detroit clubs - who knows - but can imagine some of them potentially being tough late at night.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeah, if the club is kinda divey you're better off not leaving at the same time everyone else is leaving
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion