tuscl

Dollars vs Pesos

rh48hr
Wakanda
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:07 AM
Headed to San Diego next week and plan on making 1-2 trips to TJ for some fun. I've been there twice before so I know I can just use US dollars. But was wondering if it made any sense to convert my money to pesos before heading down. If anyone has experience with this in TJ or any part of Mexico, please feel free to comment or send me a pm. Thanks!

15 comments

• shailynn
    7 years ago
    Wow you took a break and now you're certainly diving right in!!!! Have fun and be safe, and take lots of photos for SJG!!!
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Thanks shailynn! If I'm gonna come back, I might as well come back with a vengeance!
  • JamesSD
    7 years ago
    There's no reason to convert if you are only going to TJ.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Ok. Thanks James. I didn't know if you could work better deals if you did. Not that these deals aren't already a great bargain.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Che - thanks for the breakdown. Very informative. I hope that helps others as well. I'm gonna stick to the good ole US dollar.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Do they accept bitcoin?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I have never been to Tijuana or that part of Mexico, but I have traveled all over Mexico from Cancun to Costa Maya tp Playa del Carmen, Mexico City, Cabo, as well as Acapulco and I have never had an issue using U.S. Dollars, occasionally I would get small amounts of change but throughout most of Mexico I believe you get a better deal when paying with dollars, at the very least you get better service.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    In the recent past I think some TJ TUSCLers mentioned one could perhaps get a slightly better deal paying in pesos but IDK what it entailed and it seems the potential small savings may not be worth the trouble (unless maybe one goes on a regular basis)
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    Nothing to add relative to your inquiry, but have a great time in TJ. We expect a full report!
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    You got it corvus!
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    No reason to convert dollars to pesos........... unlessd you want to save money. We have no clue how much cash you're going to spend, so there is no way to guess how much you'll be wasting by not converting to pesos.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Willy - I was going to start with $500. I Can make multiple trips arriba with plenty to spare for dancer drinks etc. I don't drink so I won't spend a lot in that area. I received a pm from a frequent TJ visitor who says converting is the way to go.
  • DaOnion3
    7 years ago
    Have fun RH! Sent you a PM if you'd like to grab a beer or bite to eat in SD or TJ.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    using pesos with the street girls in tj is 99% better deal. with bar girls us dollars are prefered. bar drinks tend to be a bit cheaper in pesos.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    and i tip with the us dollar.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion