tuscl

What does OTC mean?

skibum609
Massachusetts
Thursday, June 1, 2017 11:14 AM
At Mohegan Sun last night I realized what it meant when I got to the table just before the roll, threw down $100.00 and said: One Hundred On The Come. What does it mean to you?

7 comments

• a21985
    7 years ago
    Well to me, it means betting on the pass line once a point has been established, but I much prefer blackjack and sometimes roulette to craps.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    I don't gamble as I can't comment there. I've heard it referenced in OTC Tube amps, as in Output Transformer Coupled, vacuum tube amplifiers ("valves," to our UK brotheren). The opposite would be OTL Tube amps, which are Output Transformer-Less, which without transformers (OTL) would present problems for some loudspeaker impedences but have better signal purity since there are less devices in the signal chain.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Generally in craps its a bet that pays 1-1, on the come line at the craps table but you can also win on 7 or 11, usually used as a hedge to asses the action before placing point bets.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Over the counter drugs.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    The come box or line is nothing more than a pass line bet, made after the "point" is established. Win on 7/11; lose on 2, 3/12 and any other number becomes the point. The line bet pays 1/1, but the real money is made behind the line on odds bets. Let's say you place a $50.00 pass line bets on a triple odds table. A roll and the point is 10. You put $150.00 behind the line and voila, the next roll is a ten. You get your $200.00 returned; $50.00 win on your pass line bet and $300.00 win on your "odds" bet because the odds of a 10 being rolled before a 7 are 2-1. Total laid out $200.00. Total returned $550.00. This is how money is made at craps. 4/10 are 2- 1; 5 and 9 are 9/5; 6 and 8 are 7/5. Come bets pay true odds. Place bets do not.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Whatever gene it is that gives someone a euphoric sensation from gambling I do not have it.
  • TeoTommy
    7 years ago
    $100 On The Cum? No matter how you get there? Sounds like a good deal. So no cum = no pay, right?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion