tuscl

Here's What It's Really Like to Date a Stripper

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
This typical TUSCL question is answered by Cosmo.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a84…

12 comments

• knight_errant
    8 years ago
    These guys (and their stripper gfs) sound atypical to me. The guys sound articulate, not like the deadbeat bfs I've heard and read so much about. And the dancers sound like they work in upscale clubs with no chance of being involved in extras (my perception). (And, yeah, I have never dated a stripper. And never considered it)
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Only read a small part, I don't think a Cosmopolitan magazine article is gonna paint an accurate picture of stripping, they're most-likely gonna paint something that is palatable
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Unless the article talks about the stripper being molested as an adolescent, or either the stripper, boyfriend or both being addicted to drugs then the article is totally unrealistic.

Those are two aspects of Stripper life that at least one them always comes up when getting involved.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    To Shailynn's point, they have to have daddy issues also....
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    The article didn't really tell me anything new. If I had to pick a maybe, it would be that strippers lie to new bfs by not telling them how they make their money to start off with but that wouldn't surprise me if strippers lied to someone they just met. It wouldn't surprise me if a girl told me the truth either. Stripping is just another job in my opinion. In some locations, it could involve some sex work.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Hans Christian Anderson did it better a few years back.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Well, you can expect Cosmo to write that article to prove a particular point, rather than be a broad view into dating a stripper. It would be pretty shocking to see the things that I (and most other guys who write about it) have experienced: near universal traumatizing family history, terrible choices, passive aggressiveness mixed with aggressive aggressiveness, total inability to honor commitments, etc. Generally, the stripper stereotype is right on, which is why it's a stereotype, and of course there are striking exceptions at times.

On top of all that, can you imagine real stripper boyfriends talking like this: "I think I incorporated the idea of agency that strippers and sex workers in general can have into my understanding of self, identity, and sexuality. I think sex-negative perspectives were pervasive when I was growing up, and so the idea that a woman can own her body and provide a transactional sexual service was contradictory to me" LOL 3 made-up interviews to prove whatever point Cosmo was trying to make
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    In the "did you have rules", I thought this was interesting:

-->"Yes, she isn't allowed to tell customers her real name or where she goes to school, and she isn't allowed to give her number out."

I'm sure most Cosmo readers won't understand how brutal that rule can be, as far as limiting her income. I'm all for not telling customers her real name or where she goes to school, but for any stripper who wants to build up regulars, no number = no regular. If he's a casual regular, he can't find out when she works. If he's a PL regular, like many guys on tuscl, no number is an automatic pass. I'm strongly considering letting my CF go right now, even though I think she's awesome and just recently agreed to OTC, because her boyfriend is super jealous (at least that's her cover story) and she rarely returns texts. How exactly will we coordinate OTC? For that matter, it's not even that easy to coordinate seeing her at the club.
  • Sleepwalking
    8 years ago
    I have nothing to add. Just wanted to say I like Jack's new avatar.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    All three of the guys didn't meet their stripper girlfriend in the club, and they're all under 30. That makes sense to me, it's kind of what I thought.

I think the sexiest thing about dating a stripper would be getting private dances at home, and not having to pay for it.
  • bvino
    8 years ago
    New York story. Not realistic at all. I dated a stripper and I would not have answered any of these questions this way. Empowered strippers are stripper activists and have nothing to do with the girls we like.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Predictably, the guys are all in denial, believing her claim that she only gives the good dances involving sexual favors to the boyfriend. If they could follow her to the VIP, they'd see where she learned to give such sensual dances.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion