tuscl

Working Hard At Your Job? Not As Hard As This Guy

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
http://nypost.com/2016/11/06/teacher-who…

Simply amazing guy. Wonder who he's voting for?

10 comments

• gawker
    8 years ago
    In my 10 years working as an educational consultant I saw such abuses all over the country. In NJ there was a teacher who taught 2 periods per day, 1 student period 1 and two students during period 2. . He started "work" at 7:30, finished teaching by 9:00 and left the building by noon. His annual salary? $134,000.
    For every abuse of this nature, I saw hundreds of hard working, dedicated teachers, but a rip-off like this guy, who was scheduled to retire at the end of the year, stands out and taints all of the others.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Being a school teacher is a very hard and thankless and underpaid job. Most of those who do it are dedicated, capable, and most well intentioned.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Hey slow your roll SJGuy explain how you think 94k for what amounts to a 8.5 month workload is underpaid. I admit teachers are important, but they only work I believe 36 weeks a year, in reality I believe most make a pretty decent living. This particular guy is saying that his talents are not being used, that is the issue here.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I'm talking about what most teachers do, the work is hard and demanding. Usually they are getting less than police officers.

It is a low status job, but those who do it usually are highly dedicated.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Summer School teaching does not pay that much. Often teachers have to take courses in the summer to stay current.

SJG
  • larryfishsticks
    8 years ago
    Larryfisherman takes summer classes, SJG tutors him during the school year.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I actually agree with SJG. My wife gets $40k as a 2nd grade teacher. With classes, meetings, prep, grading, extra help, conferences, ... 11 hour days are the norm plus some weekend work.

Teachers making $94k or $134k. That is completely foreign to me. I don't know how they get that.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    In the organization I am building, everyone is involved in a life long program of supervised independent study.

And for white males over the age of 50 this is even more important because without that they start to go senile.

SJG
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    In NC you teach for 25 years, have a Master's and national boards - 60ish a year.

In PA where I grew up you could be making that, or more, after 10 years. Plenty of teachers in PA make 70 or 80K a year with good benefits.

Difference? PA has a strong teachers union. All depends on where you are.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    He'll vote his conscience. I wish I had a job like that where I could have fucked off. LMAO I liked my work immensely, it was creative and very rewarding.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion