tuscl

What's the difference between stacks, racks, and bands.

GACA
Un-retired: Met my ATF. Married her. Divorcing her.
Shailynn posted the definition of stacks. I've been wondering what's the difference between stacks, racks, and bands. Strippers always say he threw a stack or a band. But he had racks.

10 comments

• mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I do know a rack means 1000 dollars
  • goosman
    8 years ago
    A band is a rolled bundle of money, held together by a rubber band. However, in this context, a stack or a band, is likely referring to a banded bundle of 100 in singles. In a money throwing club, you'll see white and blue currency straps (as they are formally known) from a package of 100 singles, tossed on the floor after the rainfall of money has begun to land on the fair maiden's twerking behind.

But yeah a rack is 1,000. So a stack or a band, would be 1/10 of a rack. There is also metric to, but I digress.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I just know one day I was in the 'hood outside Columbus Ohio and I saw a car for sale and the sign said "3 stacks." I asked someone later that day what the hell that meant and they told me $3,000.00

I thought "how clever."
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    What is the "paper strip/banding" from the bank called?

For example, I used to get $100 in $5s from the bank and it would have $5 and $100 printed on it. You know the glued paper strip like we see on bundles of 100count $100 bills (=$10,000).

(1) What is that glued paper strip called?
    (2) What are 100count of $100 bills called?
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I see above. The strips are called "currency straps". I'll use that going forward.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I always thought a rack was an impressive set of tits.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Now that I think of it, I did get a $1000 (rack) in $20s from the bank and it, too, had a currency strap. Ditto for the $100 (stack, 1/10 rack) in $5s, also strapped. I didn't think of the metric system implication (powers of 10). Cool.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I always thought a Rack was what people out Pacific Northwest called The Stage or the Tip Rail. (I think that rack is short for "meat rack" but I might be incorrect.)
  • sshrfrsky
    8 years ago
    A strap is a 100 of a single denomination in a currency strap as mentioned above. Blue/white for singles, red/white for 5s, yellow/white for 10s and purple/white for 20s. The 50s and 100s are light brown and gold but may also be strapped in smaller denomination straps turned inside out as in the inside of all bands are white. A band is made of brown Kraft paper and are made up of a bundle of a single denomination as follows:25 in ones, tens or twenties, 20 in fives or fiftys and 10 in hundreds.
  • sshrfrsky
    8 years ago
    In slang I think a stack is a thousand and a rack is ten thousand
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion