tuscl

Follies patron claims he was beaten after not paying for dance.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Daniel Dickerson says he was a guest like any other at Follies, the Buford Highway strip club, known for lines snaking around the side as slick vehicles circle the parking lot, sound systems pumping.

But in a lawsuit, Dickerson, a Decatur resident, claims his night of lounging in the popular establishment in August 2015 took a hard turn, thanks to bouncers. He says they beat him up and robbed him. The suit, filed last week in DeKalb County State Court, doesn’t reveal why he’d fall victim to such treatment.

But the original incident report from the Chamblee Police Department details his statements when he reported the case: Dickerson said he and a friend were hanging out at the club, whose management couldn’t be reached for comment this week, when a woman approached and started to dance.

Once she finished, she asked for payment. Dickerson declined, saying he hadn’t requested the dance.

Then “the dancer proceeded to get the bouncers to assist her in obtaining payment,” the report said.

A “struggle ensued,” resulting in a broken leg for the customer.

He claims the bouncers threw him out and, as he lay on the pavement, he complained to them that he thought his leg was broken.

Instead of an ambulance, Dickerson said, the bouncers called him a cab.

He called police after a friend drove him to the hospital and he learned he had a broken right tibia. Dickerson thought he was also missing $200.

In the suit, Dickerson’s attorney asks for a jury trial to decide how much he’s owed for suffering, lost wages and medical expenses, which involved surgery.

It wasn’t immediately clear Tuesday if any arrests were made in the case.

In the police report, the responding officer said the victim had trouble giving descriptions of those involved. He couldn’t give the name of the dancer.

“He advised the event is all a blur,” the officer wrote.

9 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    Is that Juices real name?
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Couldn't be Juice. I don't think mere bouncers could *throw* him out
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    While not having been there, it is still very hard to determine exactly what happened, thug bouncers who provoke and escalate conflicts are always going to be a huge liability.

SJG
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Ouch! I have seen the daytime bouncers throw out a couple of drunk guys acting like assholes. This is whole new level.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    To cheap to pay for a $10 dance? Maybe LDK was in atlanta.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Juice you better be careful the backstory about this is that dude sat in Shadow's chair!
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    LMFAO
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    IDK how they would expect for him to know who the dancer is, I assume the club has camers which could have captured the incident - if true, I hope he gets his $$$
  • rentz2
    8 years ago
    And more bad news/press for Follies. Not good
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion