tuscl

Career students

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
There has been a lot of talk on here about strippers always telling you that they are going to school, etc. Today I ran into an old favorite that had quit 1 1/2 + years ago. She is in her late 20's. She had graduated from college with a degree in anthropology. It was great to see her again and I had to ask what she had been doing while she was away. She is back in school again. This time going for a nursing degree. I jokingly called her a career student. Oh yeah. She was still fantastic in VIP.

9 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    There are two guys -- both from Michigan -- that truly are career students. One has 30 degrees and the other 27
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    That's it shadow you win....I'm leaving tuscl for good
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    motor: "One has 30 degrees and the other 27"

That's impossible. Even if you are talking Celsius not Fahrenheit body temperature cannot drop that low and still have the person live. Don't believe everything you read on the internet!
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    The one guy is from Kalamazoo Michigan. He's been profiled on the news. He's around 75 years old and basically he's always been in school. He has over 20 Master's degrees.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    That's it shadow you win....I'm leaving tuscl for good
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I'm going with you, juice. Shadowcat always has wonderful stories to share with us.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Always in college, that is kind of the way our world is going now. I see it as a positive.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    When I was in my late teens I knew this guy in his 40s that had wanted to be a career student - he loved learning - he was from some pacific island and his parents had $$$ and sent him to the U.S. at 18 to study - by the time he was in his late 20s he had like 3 degrees plus a pilot's license and he wanted to be a career student since his parents could support him (he would have brand new sports cars and all) - he told me he had to get a job (went into engineering) b/c his parents wanted him to come back home and marry a local girl and he did not want to go back so they cut him off; but he became successful on his own; not a millionare but upper-middle-class professional and married an American girl and had children.

If I had rich parents I would have not minded being a career student either - I also like learning.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    People should do what the feel called to. Now of course beyond a point I think educating yourself is best. No need for lectures and examinations. And also, if people do what they feel called to, eventually they will find that they are wanting to get involved in the present, instead of just reading books.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion