tuscl

Accidental $1000 tip

sflguy123
Florida
Friday, June 17, 2016 6:21 PM
http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/wate…

Sounds like something more likely to happen at a stripclub. Seems he got the money back the next day(something that would never happen at a stripclub).

You ever way over tip a stripper or stripclub bartender and did you do anything once you realized it?

8 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    I saw that too and thought the same thing. My first thought it was a strip club
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Cool that he got his accidental tip back.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    When I delivered pizzas while in college, I delivered a pizza to a fairly well known guy. He owned a business in town. The order came to about $10 and he gave me a twenty and a ten. I looked at him and asked "are you sure?" He said yes, keep the change. When I got back to the store the manager asked if I delivered to "Mr Smith"? I said yes. The manager said he called and said he tipped me too by mistake. He thought he had given me a ten and a one. So I had to go back and return the 20. He still gave me a dollar. Lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I've given a $10-bill stage-tip when I thought I was giving a $1.

I once didn't count my $$$ when I got it from my bank's ATM right b/f going to the club - I had not noticed the ATM had given me mostly $50-bills and I thought I had gotten all $20s as usual, and I accidentally paid two dancers w/ $50-bills when I thought I was paying them w/ $20-bills (I didn't get my $$$ back since I noticed after the fact when I noticed I had almost ran out of $$$) - club was dark and I have bad eyes and was a bit tired and a bit buzzed.
  • sflguy123
    8 years ago
    I didn't even know an ATM would dispense $50 bills.

Maybe I don't take out enough that it moves up to that denomination.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    A long time ago I was out of town at a strip club and I needed money so I went to an ATM across the street and took out $300. This machine shot the bills out one by one instead of as a group. I stuck my hand into the slot before it was finished. I don't know if I triggered a sensor or what, but the machine stopped. I only got $240. I was a couple hours from home so I never called the bank. I figured they never would believe me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    @ moto:

banks are able to fairly easily determine the difference in $$$ - my mon once had issues w/ the bank's ATM and the next day she called the bank and in a couple of hours the $$$ was In her account already - I imagine if you would've called the bank they would have mailed you a check or something.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah SFL - at some banks nowadays they spit out $50s for bit-large amounts (usually $300 and above; at least w.r.t. my bank which is Wells Fargo) - some of the newer ATMs will ask you what denomination you want ($20s or $50s) but some will not and just spit out $50s (maybe at a mid-range amount ($300) it may ask your preference and higher amounts ($500) just spit out the $50s?) - what I have to resort to now is to do multiple withdrawals of $200 max (I seem to always get $20s when it's $200).

I once wrote an email to my bank complaining about one branch always giving me $50s w/o asking me for large amounts yet another branch of the same bank always giving me $20s - person told me certain branches w/ high-traffic will spit out $50s which I hate particularly when I go to the $5 black clubs (wtf am I gonna do with $50s in that club).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion