tuscl

To Date, Best NBA Play-Off Match-Up: San Antonio Vs. OKC

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I like 'em both.

Both quality teams with cool players, but I think Spurs will win it in 7.

No assholes on the court at anytime, although I miss Sam Perkins.

14 comments

• GoVikings
    8 years ago
    Yeah, besides game 1 it's been a great series

I'd be watching now but my cable is messing up :-(
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I kind of think Westbrook is an asshole, but yeah I agree Spurs in 7.
  • ww
    8 years ago
    You just never really know what you're going to get from game to game with the Spurs. On paper, they should win (and well before 7 games). But I wouldn't put money on it. I still remember them losing (as a 1 seed) to Memphis (8) a few years back, when everyone thought they would run deep.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    I got Spurs in 7 games also.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    @ww- on paper OKC should win the series, they have way more talent than San Antonio. They have two of the top five players in the league on the same team (Westbrook and Durant), and a bunch of good role players.
  • ww
    8 years ago
    @larry Obviously we agree to disagree on that...IMO OKC is ONLY Durant & Westbrook...their "role players" are nonexistent. Spurs are a much deeper team on paper, which is why they have the 2nd best record this year at 67 wins compared to OKC @ 55. I agree they have the top 2 "scorers" but after that, they aren't much of a threat to actually win a championship, UNLESS there are significant injuries to the Spurs, Warriors and Cavs, They just don't have a complete team. They have had the top 2 players for a while now and have yet to get back to a championship series post-Harden.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Yeah okc is not more talented w/o Durant and Westbrook. The spurs have a deep bench and probably the most solid starting 5 in the NBA. Westbrook is my favorite player but spurs in 7 probably.
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    I feel bad saying this, but I am anti San Antonio for one reason: they've had their time, over and over and over again.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    So have the Lakers and Celtics and patriots and packers and kentucky in college basketball.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    As you saw last night Kanter, Adams, and Waiters can really play. I'll take their role players over San Antonio's role players any day of the week. The Spurs are a better team though, they play unselfishly and they have a all time great coach. The Thunder would better if Westbrook doesn't try to act like Allen Iverson and shoot all the time.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I definitely don't think it's the best NBA playoff series to date. It doesn't and won't beat the Bulls vs Jazz playoffs of the 90s, Lakers vs Celtics in 80s etc (remember when Magic the point guard had to fill in as center???).

Unless you're excluding finals games; in that case, the 2006 matchup between the Spurs and Mavs was very good. Both teams had awesome records (around 60 wins) and their games were almost all very close, like 2 point differences. That was a true battle.

This here is a good match up, but definitely not the best to date, especially given the embarrassing first game where OKC was apparently not present.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    lol Nina....he's not talking all-time......he just means THIS YEAR'S playoffs
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Well I think what threw me off is the phrasing of the title of the thread where he says "to date," which would usually encompass every game of all time up until now. Guess I took it too literally and read it for what it was, not what it meant. Oops.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    its ok Nina. You're still beautifu AND you like sports. :-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion