tuscl

This is just sick.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Bond denied for 4 in SC accused of raping children at strip club

CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) – Four people who Horry County police say raped two 4-year-old children appeared in court Friday.

The children told authorities they were forced to engage in sexual acts with other siblings, each other and with the four adults. Authorities say some of the sexual assaults happened at Chez Joey, a strip club in Myrtle Beach.

SC sexual assault2Lindsey D. Honeycutt, 29, of Myrtle Beach, is charged with criminal sexual conduct with minor in the first degree, sexual exploitation of a minor in the first degree, engaging a child for sexual performance, and incest.

Ambrose E. Heavener, 30, of Conway, is charged with criminal sexual conduct with minor in the first degree, sexual exploitation of a minor in the first degree, engaging a child for sexual performance, and incest.

Panteleimon N. Spirakis, 55, of Myrtle Beach, is charged with criminal sexual conduct with minor in the first degree, sexual exploitation of a minor in the first degree, and engaging a child for sexual performance.

Anthony L. Strickland, 45, of Myrtle Beach, is charged with criminal sexual conduct with minor in the first degree, sexual exploitation of a minor in the first degree, and engaging a child for sexual performance.

Spirakis waved his right to appear in front of a magistrate judge, the three others appeared at J. Rueben Long Detention Center.

The solicitors office requested bond be denied for the four adults being charged.

“Due to the nature of their charges, criminal sexual conduct in the first degree, just such a heinous charge,” said Assistant Solicitor Seth Oskin.

Spirakis was seen in court but was removed before appearing before the judge.

“Defendants can do that for a multitude of reasons. I don’t want to get further into that at this time with respect for all parties,” said Oskin.

Spirakis does have a criminal sexual conduct conviction on his record.

Strickland made his appearance just after 3:30 p.m. Friday, along with Honeycutt and Heavener, who could be seen sharing glances through plexiglass windows.

All three who appeared before the judge declared their innocence, without any prompting by the court.

News13 reached out to the solicitors office to see if they would try to shut down Chez Joey as a public nuisance.

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson says the office was contacted on Thursday about the business being a public nuisance and will decide whether or not to send an abatement letter, which would start the civil proceedings.

Next up for the four defendants is an appearance before a Circuit Court judge, which could still be months away.

8 comments

• Clubber
    9 years ago
    Sometimes a good ol' lynching seems in order.
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    That is awful! Those folks need to spend the rest of their lives in prison.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Clubber for the win
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    As with most news stories, the facts are lacking. But it's not clear that this had anything to do with the strip club. If a parent molests their kid in the Target bathroom, people don't demand that the Target get shut down. They just demand that the scum bags be locked away for life.

Why is this situation any different? I doubt that it is. People have a prejudice against strip clubs so they say the club should be shut down as a public nuisance whenever something bad happens there. But other businesses that have the same stuff happen at them (shootings, rape, molestation, etc) do not evoke any public outcry against the business.

I don't know this club, and of course it's akways possible that the club was in some way complicit. If so, there shouldn't even be a question of shutting down the place. But my bet is its just another example of the widespread prejudice against strip clubs.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    given the recidivism rates for pedophiles, I vote life in prison with mandatory Castration with Penectomy.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I agree with JS69. If this didn't involve a strip club, I wouldn't have posted it. In fact other reports state that this club was only one of several locations where these alleged acts took place. I held off posting about it until I read the latest report about shutting down the club.

These are some sick individuals but don't blame the club for that.
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    JS69 makes an excellent point. Clubs definitely get a bad rap - and they tend to be easy targets.

In the case of the club in this article - there are too many unknowns to offer a proper opinion.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    What I would want to know is, why were those children in a strip club to begin with. Was it during business hours? If so, it defies belief that the SC management didn't know they were there. That alone would make the club complicit. I agree with Warhawks - a lynching for every adult involved is in order.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion