tuscl

Indy 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (March 6, 2016) — Police are trying to piece together a shooting at a west side strip club located across the street from Lafayette Square Mall.

It happened around 1:30 a.m. Sunday at The Golden Nugget Strip Club near 38th Street and Lafayette Road.

Police said two groups began fighting inside the club. At some point, a 24-year-old man was shot. He was taken to Methodist Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

According to officers, the location where the shooting happened is a problem area, and fights often break out near the strip club.

“We do have to give extra patrol here to try and keep that sort of thing down,” said Michael Jefferson, IMPD Nightwatch Commander.

One person was arrested at the scene. Police said he was being uncooperative, and he’ll probably be charged with disorderly conduct.

No suspects involved in the shooting are in custody at this time.

2 comments

• motorhead
    9 years ago
    When I got out of college i lived about a mile from Lafayette Square Mall. There were a few strip clubs in the area and it seemed like a safe, middle class area. I haven't been back to that neighborhood in 35 years but I know there's been a few other SC shootings in the area. Apparently it's pretty hood now.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Another 2AMer hits close to home! In the recent past Shadowcat has posted accounts of 2AMers at Roxy's in ESL and 6th Avenue Dancers in Terre Haute, both of which I've visited in the wee hours -- and now the Golden Nugget in Indy! Actually my only two visits to this club in the past 15 years have been on Tuesday afternoons (2-for-$20 dance day, like at Babes and Harem House), but in the 90s, when this club was a lot more crowded and fun, I was sometimes here very late on a Friday or Saturday night.

For Indy old-timers: What is now called the Golden Nugget was for many years Babes West, just west of Lafayette Road on W. 38th Street. In recent years its name has been Pure Passion (West) -- there's another Pure Passion on the NE side at 38th and Post Road. Now apparently it has changed names again. Good -- now one can unambiguously refer to Babes, Pure Passion, and Golden Nugget without specifying a side of town.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion