tuscl

Can you not resist a bargin?

sflguy123
Florida
Friday, February 26, 2016 2:06 PM
I'm shopping at Publix for a few things. I notice on the discontinued table some bags of Nestle Goobers (11.5oz) priced at $1.67. I'm a huge chocolate fan(have a little every day) and already have a bunch of chocolate(bags of raisnets, buncha crunch, kit kat minis) and don't necessarily crave Goobers(I can't remember the last time I had them). But I just couldn't pass it up at that price. Plus since it was being discontinued (at least at Publix) I had to get one bag.

6 comments

• rh48hr
    8 years ago
    If it's something I was nostalgic for especially something I had as a kid, I might buy it unless it was just unreasonably priced.
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    Huh ? Did I somehow get on the wrong forum ? I thought this was TUSCL ?
  • IronFox22
    8 years ago
    I was just thinking of how weird I am with bargains. I can spur-of-the-moment drop $100 at a strip club, but then I'll find myself being a stickler at the grocery store. Like, if a brand-name cereal costs $5.99, and the generic brand costs $3.99, I'll always buy the generic brand. For some reason, my brain thinks it's madness to over-spend for ridiculously priced groceries, whereas, at the club, I'll drop an extra $20 for one more dance without thinking about it.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    I can easily resist a bargain if I don't need it. If it's stuff we use I'll be all over a bargain though. If it's on BOGO and we use it all the time AND it's a great price I'll stop and buy 10 of it every day.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    @Ironfox22 - I think there's a difference when you are thinking with one head vs the other. One head is much more price conscious - and the other is more concerned with pussy...
  • sflguy123
    8 years ago
    I love the right item on BOGO. My fav BOGO items at Publix are Ben&Jerrys ice cream, Eggo Pancakes, Digornos or Palmeros pizza, Tyson frozen chicken.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion