tuscl

NYC UP and COMING DANCER

I am a new up and coming Dancer. I've decided to make this a "Career" for a few years ( if I can handle it that long) in order to achieve some of my many goals ( starting a business, Cosmetic Sugery,ETC...) I've never even been to a strip club well only once to apply as a cocktail waitress ( that was a horrible experience) and to be consider working at one is ...terrifying to say the least. ( oh don't mind my name was trying to fit in LOL) I've done every research possible ..watched "stripper" movies such as "Showgirls" ..& "The Player's Club" and also stripper documentaries which actually turned out very helpful! ..I'vr read almost every stripper blog I could find! And my last step before I Audition (besides buying clothing, shoes, ETC..) is finding a club. This is a where you guys come in I need help! LOL. See here's the thing I'm in the NYC area so far most of the reviews I've read about the clubs here are shit. I won't stay at any for too long list enough to save money to move and work at a better club in a better city. If anyone knows any info of clubs in the NYC please please give me some insight? . ideally, I would prefer a upscale club.

21 comments

• Dancer_
    9 years ago
    Just so you know, NYC is slow as fuck right now. It didn't really pick up after summer at all, imo. And January was horrible. I mean, January is traditionally not too busy here but last year I made literally 3-4 times more than that damn month.

What are your stats? Are you skinny?

• jestrite50
    9 years ago
    Just so you know Dancer95 knows what she's talking about take her advice. As far as I'm concerned you are going about your decision the wrong way. You are saving the most important things till last. How can you say you are going to make a career out of something you've never done ? After you start you may not even like it. Do you like being groped ? Do you like strange old perverts putting their hands all over your body ? It's more than just dancing if you want to make money. I think you should dance for a while first before making your decision. I'm not trying to discurage you. I'm being realistic. You need to dance for a while first before you decide and listen to the ladies on here and take their advice. I've seen several dancers not make it more than a week or two.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    I agree with listening to Dancer
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Tradition requires that you show us your tits.
  • Ilovebigbutts
    9 years ago
    @dancer95 Wow really? Ugh. That's not good. Do you have any input on any clubs here in NYC where I can make good money? I'm average small on top, small waist and a plump ass( thanks to many squats) I guess I'm athletic I work out daily...but my face gets the most attention. But yeah thank you for your input.
  • Ilovebigbutts
    9 years ago
    @jestrite50 thank you for your honesty I appreciate that. I'm aware it's more than dancing think I've read enough blogs to see that. You do make a point let me try it out before I jump the gun ,,I will try that. If the money is good and more than I make at my current job a week I will defiantly stick it out. As far as men groping ..nobody likes that ..however that's kinda what you sign up for being a dancer it seems. No I won't like it. Will I tolerate it for the right amount ..why not. Thank you for your imput.
  • Ilovebigbutts
    9 years ago
    @twentyfive..well I'm not really the traditional girl if you can tell ;)
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Why not go to a club as a customer first to sense the environment? Then at least you'd have an idea of what its like rather than relying on movies or blogs.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    But this isn't a traditional website ;)
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    But I am a traditional guy I like boobs & butts ;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    This thread comes across as eerily familiar to anongirl98.

“… I've done every research possible ..watched "stripper" movies such as "Showgirls" ..& "The Player's Club" and also stripper documentaries which actually turned out very helpful …”

If you are counting on this “research” to show you what stripping is about you will most probably be in for a rude awakening – this website is about the only-place that tells it like it is b/c we have nothing to gain from pretending it (stripping) is something that is not.

“…I've never even been to a strip club well only once to apply as a cocktail waitress ( that was a horrible experience) …”

If you found that a horrible experience how are you gonna feel when a 50+ y/o bald fat slob has his mittens all over you.

If you are real and not another troll wasting our time; then stripping is like riding a bike - you just gotta go out there and do it to know what it’s really like (or at least visit a few clubs and have a male buddy get a few dances and tell you what it’s all about).

And don’t think all you gotta do is just show-up at a club and say “I wanna strip” and that they will automatically say “well sure” and you end-up making tons of $$$ for just showing-up – more to it than that.

Post some pics to imgbox.com or photobucket.com and we could tell you what kind of clubs would be a good fit for you.

Also – this website is mostly custies – visit StripperWeb.com since that is a site for dancers if you want more dancers’ opinions.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    It's like wanting to learn to drive - you can research cars, techniques, roads, etc all you want but until you get behind the wheel and just do it, it's all just superfluous.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Anon is back Papi
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Troll, troll, troll your boat
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    ^^merrily down the TUSCL stream
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    ilovebigbutts, you should PM ilbbaicnl, who Likes Big Butts And he Can Not Lie :)
    In the meantime, twentyfive is absolutely correct in his assertion that you are obligated to show us your tits (or someone's, anyway).
  • Ilovebigbutts
    9 years ago
    @papicholu thanks I actually stumbled upon stripped web and got tonssssss of great feedback I'm noticing this is mostly custies I.e ( show us your tits ) lol but yeah I think I'll get my advice from that site thank you for your input!
  • Ilovebigbutts
    9 years ago
    *** @papi_chulo responding on this site is annoying but my response is above.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    @papi Shame on you PC for t elling her to go to Stripper Web. You know darn well the majority of those females are callous and full of themselves and will sell her dreams and not reality. I can already tell by her statement:

"As far as men groping ..nobody likes that ..however that's kinda what you sign up for being a dancer it seems...Will I tolerate it for the right amount ..why not."

And I can bet its some astronomical price point too. She won't be good competition when us real NYers can just go to better clubs that we can get more for less. And I'm not even talking about sex either.

@Ilovebigbutts honey, as a man who's been around the block a few times, NY is probably not the best spot for you. If you got a bubble butt, then it will only take you so far. If your best attribute is your face but your lithe everywhere else, then your better off for Manhattan. But like Dancer95 said, don't hold your breathe for elephant dollars. You'll get a "few" people per week at best at ANY Manhattan club. Many women at this borough's clubs have aquired the few regulars they can get their hands on. Tourists that come through the front door that you see are most likely low ballers. The real money making tourists that come through will probably already have VIP set up before you even know about it. And what they say on Stripper web, as I mentioned earlier, is fantasy not reality. Ask any of the gentlemen here (including myself) who don't go for sex can tell you their experience is FAR different than how the girls on the pink site advertise.

Perhaps your better off in another state like Jersey. Sources tell me its doing so much better than most "Gentlemen" clubs. NY isn't like it used to be according to how the old heads here describe strip clubs back in the day. The strip clubs that I feel make good money...if your like the old heads here and hate hip-hop "blasting" away in your ear, that will be the least of your problems there and I just advise to stay away. Seriously, consider another state. Sorry to burst the bubble if you had your heart set on the big apple.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Ilovebigbutts --> "If the money is good and more than I make at my current job a week I will defiantly stick it out. As far as men groping ..nobody likes that ..however that's kinda what you sign up for being a dancer it seems. No I won't like it. Will I tolerate it for the right amount ..why not. "

^^Be careful with this. In this business it is important that you set you boundaries -- boundaries that your won't cross -- and stick to them. What those boundaries are is different for each dancer. Plus you need to be aware of what you are and are not allowed to do. This is a superset composed of state laws, local town ordinances (laws), and club rules. Each is different and you need to know the difference. Some dancers are willing to go pretty far and will have sex with customers for money? Will you? Should you? What I'm really getting at here, is go over to stripperweb and read the thread on the following:

Thread: Preserving Your Emotional/Psychological Well Being
    https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showth…

Thread: Objectification : the Long Term Destruction of Your Worth

Forum: Newbie Board
    https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/forumd…
    ^^^Read all of the stickies. ALL OF THEM.

Also, if you are black or a WOC, understand that stripping is a very racist industry. I'm not condoning it, I'm just giving you the reality. We here at TUSCL will give it to you straight up. Just ask us anything.

Then seriously, don't quit your day job, buy a pair of 6 inch stiletto pleasers and a legal thong. You don't need a lot of clothes ($$) to start. Just a matching panty/breas set or a decent bikini swimsuit will do to start. But the shoes are important to get as soon as you have the funds $$. Get dolled up, look your best. Get a list of clubs that you want to try. Go to your first choice first, in person, and audition. If they don't take you, then go onto the second choice (since you'll already dolled up), etc, until you are hired. Work 1-2 shifts per week max, until you are ready to give it a go, while you still work your day job. Try for a club that is about 1/2 hour from where you live and work, if you are worried about people you know finding you. Be careful, BE VERY CAREFUL about making this a full time career and your sole source of income, especially early on. We here at TUSCL will tell you like it is. A girl in that scenario, with no income other than stripping, is vulnerable to feeling the pressure turning to prostitution or paid sex from customers, if the $$$ from dancing alone aren't paying her bills. And they guys (and gals) here will tell you that the customer's will sense that desperation and will have NO moral objections to taking every advantage of your compromised position, should you find yourself there.

Good luck, stay safe, and go try it.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Thread: CRAAAAZY audition/first night

charlie61 --> "So you got all of the crazy out of your system, made it through your first night, and made some money! Laugh it all off, find a new club, and get on with your life as a dancer. You've experienced most industry red flags and mistakes at this point, so you know what to look for and avoid. "

charlie61 --> "I send you respect. Most girls seem to lurk on forums for years trying to self-educate obsessively when they could've just done what you did: show up in a club, make some mistakes, and learn. You learn more in a few hours of working than you do in months of reading forums, IMO."

^^^Truth. Some of stripperweb is misandrist drivel and some of it is anti-customer, but, this thread is useful. It's like riding a bike. Just try it.

PS:

Thread: NYC and day shifts? Is it worth it?

Thread: NYC worth it in the summer?

Thread: Scores QueensNY

Thread: How to check out a new club before auditioning in NYC

Thread: NY and NJ club suggestions for black curvy newbie???
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion