tuscl

Strip club party brings up many questions

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Female advice columnists are usually not this tolerant of strip clubs. Of course, " It's only at seedier locations that more lewd behavior occurs."

DEAR HARRIETTE: I got the most baffling birthday party invitation I have ever received. My friend, in an effort to reclaim her youth, has decided to throw herself a 45th birthday -- at a strip club! I had no idea this was an option, let alone an appealing one for a birthday party. I am conflicted about whether to attend. I didn't expect the invitation to have an entire printed schedule, but just noting that we're celebrating youth at a strip club brought up some questions for me. Will we be dancing to reclaim our youth? Is the entire club rented out for this party, or will there be gentlemen at this gentlemen's club as well? Part of me wants to go to see the spectacle, but part of me worries this will be harmful to my reputation. Am I overreacting? Is it rude of me to ask questions to the host about the activities? I have never been invited to a party of this sort before, or even been aware they existed. -- Not Dancing, Jackson, Mississippi

DEAR NOT DANCING: Your friend is getting sassy, eh?! Good for her. And it's perfectly fine for you to feel apprehensive about it as well. Of course, you can ask her about the details of going to this club. You can probably look it up online, too. Some strip clubs are set up to have group parties and are largely benign events with a bit of dancing from the people who work there and tossing of dollars. It's only at seedier locations that more lewd behavior occurs.

Ultimately, you have to decide your level of comfort. If you choose not to attend, do not pass judgment when you decline. Simply tell your friend that you feel uneasy about stepping into a strip club, but you applaud her for having birthday fun.

http://thetandd.com/print-specific/strip…

6 comments

• warhawks
    9 years ago

Yes. Women are a strange breed (as we know all too well). They tend to justify things in their own minds.

It's ok for her friend to be "a little sassy" at the strip club for her birthday.

But that same woman will likely criticize the women who actually work at those clubs as sluts and whores.

Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    war,

Women "hypocritical", surely you jest! :)
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    That's encouraging.
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    Most likely they will be bringing in male strippers if it's a party for a lady. Then the girls will be playing with his dick and sucking away. If she doesn't love to suck big dicks she probably shouldn't go. Several of the clubs I've been to have male strippers as well as female strippers at different times or on different nights.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    why didn't they just go to a nightclub. Gentlemen are bound to be there and if they're cougars, they can get them some free dick all night long.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    I don't get why straight women want to go to stripclubs. What's the point?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion