tuscl

Gun Laws in Your State

crazyjoe
Colorado
There have been a lot of changes recently in gun laws. It is always good to be up to date. Some states that used to require a concealed carry permit do not any more, like Arizona and Kansas

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/09/458829225/…

5 comments

• just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    My guns are illegal Joe
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Are you gay ?
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    ^^^ sorry wrong thread
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    I think new legislation here in MI just went into effect a week ago. Not sure of the specs but I think it made aquiring a CPL/CCW a little more relaxed.

Here in MI we have open carry without the need of a license. Obviously it doesn't apply to felons, minors, etc. In fact our gun laws regarding felons are a bit unfair IMO but I'm not going to get into it in this particular post.

I also think laws regarding CPL/CCW and medical marijuana cards, last I checked, were unfair and inflexible. Basically you can have one or the other (unless you lie on the application), but not both. Although marijuana isn't a drug that typically increases violence, I totally understand there being restrictions on any mind altering substance when in possession of a firearm. For example, the BAC driving limit here is .08, yet if you have a concealed weapon I believe the limit is .02. That's a little low IMO, but guns and alcohol don't mix. So while a person maybe shouldn't use or possess marijuana while carrying a concealed weapon, a CPL shouldn't deter someone from being eligible for medical marijuana. People have CPLs who are prescribed all sorts of controlled substances, many which tend to induce belligerence more than weed.

But whatever. As long as you're over 18 with no felonies you can theoretically walk into any sporting goods store and buy a shotgun.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion