tuscl

10 strippers busted for lap dancing in Orlando suburb.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
SEMINOLE COUNTY --
Ten women were arrested in Seminole County over the weekend after agents conducted a sting at an adult business in Casselberry.
Undercover agents acting on tips from Crime line posed as patrons at the Rachel’s Men’s Club this past weekend. The agents coordinated with the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office and the county’s city-county investigative bureau in the ongoing investigation.
Agents did not find evidence of drug activity, but investigators said several employees did perform lap dances on the undercover agents, violating a Seminole County ordinance.
Rachel’s is the only adult entertainment club left in Casselberry after city leaders worked for many years to clean the city’s image.
“Unfortunately people don’t realize that behind these busy roads is a community. And it’s the homes and families and schools. Unfortunately most people measure us by what’s on the major roads,” said Casselberry City Commissioner Colleen Hufford.
And on those major roads were a handful of adult businesses. Commissioner Hufford said she and other city leaders went door to door throughout the city, more than 15 years ago. They encouraged Casselberry residents to help them pass an ordinance that eventually cracked down on adult businesses.
“Number one to reduce the hours. Number two, performance criteria, that there needed to be accountability of what they did behind the doors,” said Hufford.
Hufford said those restrictions, along with other city development and infrastructure, eventually pushed most adult businesses out of the city.
News 13 reached out to Rachel’s Men’s Club for comment on this weekend’s arrests, but did not immediately hear back.

10 comments

• gawker
    9 years ago
    Well, Seminole County's got their own Carrie Nation. The morality police are saving us from eternal damnation ( and lapdances)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It seems strip-clubs are easy targets and don't have much support from the communities at large.

I would prefer a ban on SCs in neighborhoods and limit them to mostly industrial areas as long as this meant local authorities would leave the SCs alone.
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Jesus what a waste of manpower and taxpayer dollars. F you in the ear, Orlando.

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    The Orlando area is very restrictive w.r.t. SCs.

I would imagine this is b/c w/ Disney World and many other theme parks there they want the area to be family entertainment/fun and nothing else.

AFAIK; there is zero contact allowed in Orlando clubs and dancers I don't think can even take their tops off.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

OMG... An undercover agent got a... Lap dance!!!!

The horror! lol.

I agree. These cops need more to do. They must be bored.
    Maybe the donut shop was closed or something?
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    Maybe they can go after the ever increasing violent crime in Orlando. Oh, that's right, you cannot walk into a door and find it there.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “... I agree. These cops need more to do. They must be bored ...”

As others have posted in threads like this in the past; I would think is not so much LE's idea to devote resources to this but either community discontent; local politicians w/ an agenda; or other powerful business interests.
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    Seminole county is a different location from Orlando and is even more moronic and puritanical in their views. They actually had a nude club where the women put on Shakespearean plays to circumvent the strict club rules - I shit you not, google it
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Dive1975 - Oasis in Doraville GA(Atlanta) has to put on some kind of act other than dancing 1 day a week to qualify as art in the eyes of the city.
  • Joe from NJ
    9 years ago
    Orlando clubs are useless, which is why I drive to Coco beach when I am in the Orlando area.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion