tuscl

Looking for a couples friendly club in the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Area

Hey everyone, my wife and I have been discussing heading out to one of the few local clubs in the area and one thing I'm not really seeing is which one is more "couples friendly" than the others. I've been to the Diamond Club a couple times but, never really saw many couples in there. Since she's just starting to open up and try new things, I'd rather not have her first experience be a bad one. So, if anyone could lend a hand and suggest which one would be our best bet it'd be great! Right now, it's looking like the options are pretty much, the Diamond Club, Grandview, and/or Tattletales. All of the others in the area don't seem to be open, and if they are (cheetas) they don't look like they are.

Thanks!

7 comments

• minnow
    9 years ago
    If no reviewers are specifically mentioning in the reviews which clubs are couple friendly, what makes you think that your search on DB will be any more productive ? Further, since no DB member that I know of lives in Wilkes-Barre area, what makes you think any of us will make a special trip there to do you leg work for free ?
  • Fezzie
    9 years ago
    Wow, no need to go on the attack dude, I wasn't asking for people to do any legwork, I was asking for opinions, the clubs do have reviews so I figured I would ask. Guess this site isn't to friendly to newbies to go on the attack immediately when someone just asks a question. damn.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Right off route 80 you will find a big toothed Pacific Rim dude named George,he does it all.Just look for the Cracker Barrel.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Really? What horrible responses to to a valid question. Honestly though I don't expect anything less when it's someone asking a couples question.

Fezzie, welcome to the board. I don't know anything about your area nor do I see any reviews specifically from your town but there are dozens of SC's listed in PA so I'm sure you could quickly find a town nearby. Looks like you're in the middle of everything and close to nothing. Much like we are here...lol. As a couple going and especially since you say your wife is "starting to open up" what I would suggest is start with the upscale clubs. Read all the reviews from clubs around your area and pick the ones that people say are upscale. Most people go alone so you won't find many reviews mentioning whether a place is couples friendly or not. If she's never gone to a SC before she might not get a good impression from a dive. Don't know anything about you or your wife but I will say I hope it's 100% her idea to go. The more upscale clubs will be more of a night club atmosphere and usually more polished and easier for her to feel comfortable in as y'all start out.

You do the legwork and plan the logistics and give her all the info so SHE can make the decision on where and when to go. Do that and you'll both have fun.
  • Fezzie
    9 years ago
    Thanks seaboardrr, you are correct, she has mentioned it but it has been a mutual discussion. Of course, knowing a little bit about the clubs in the area, it's tough to find something "upscale". Hell, it's hard to find that in just a "normal" club let alone an SC. But, thanks so much for a polite reply to an honest question. We'll have to take a look around and see which one might be the closest to upscale in the area since yup, we are in the middle of everything but far enough away that there's not much around.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I agree that an "upscale" club is what you want if you can't find a "couples friendly" club. There are a lot of strip clubs that are too nasty to take your wife to.

Pennsylvania is not a great state for strip clubs. You might be able to find a couples friendly club in Philadelphia area if you want to take a week end trip. Or you might take a vacation to a place that has a lot of strip clubs like Miami. (I could recommend some Detroit clubs for you, but nobody want to vacation in Detroit.)
  • Fezzie
    9 years ago
    Yeah, Pennsylvania is the state of dive bars and dive clubs. There's some gems here and there but they're pretty rare and in the cities like Philly as you said. But, a weekend getaway might not be a bad idea!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion