Some strippers get upset if you let Mr. Happy out without their permission.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Athens-Clarke County police arrested a bouncer and patron at a downtown Athens strip club early Thursday following a brawl that started when the customer exposed himself to a dancer.

A University of Georgia football player who witnessed the altercation helped remove the unruly customer from Toppers International Showbar by picking him up carrying him outside, police noted.

Officers said a bouncer then punched the customer.

When officers responded to the club at about 1 a.m., they said they found Joseph William Kirkland, 59, of Winder, facedown on the sidewalk with his shoes off and the shoestrings tied around his ankles. Police noted he was bleeding from a cut on his forehead and had a golf ball-size bump above his cheek.

The bouncer, 31-year-old Andrew Ho Kim, was arrested and charged with battery and possession of marijuana.

Kirkland was charged with public indecency and public intoxication.

There was no mention in a police incident report about who tied the customer’s ankles together.

The brawl began after Kirkland allegedly exposed himself to a Toppers employee while she was dancing for him in a room at the club.

The woman told police that she asked Kirkland to zip himself up before leaving the room, but he was still exposed when she returned a few minutes later.

The dancer then alerted Kim and other employees, who attempted to remove Kirkland from the club, police said.

While being ushered through the club, witnesses told police that Kirkland punched and elbowed Kim in the bar area.

That’s when UGA’s 298-pound offensive lineman Zach DeBell stepped in to help the employees.

DeBell “carried Kirkland out of the bar by his belt and collar and had placed him on the sidewalk outside the front doorway,” according to the police report.

“DeBell also stated that when Kirkland was on his stomach on the sidewalk,” police noted, “(the bouncer) had punched Kirkland in the face.”

10 comments

• JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    SJG, have you been traveling to Athens Ga?
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    The key point is she asked him to zip up and he refused. If he'd put it away when she asked there would have been no scuffle.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Yeah, we need to make sure that these clubs don't turn rough, and that when they do, that there are severe penalties. We should not be making excuses for thuggery environments. If the dancers are provoking it, then all the more reason we need to strike hard at the club ownership and staff, to make sure that the problem is solved and an example set.

To say that if the customer did what he was told, the nothing would have happened, does not excuse the violence in anyway. It is a very foolish way of trying to legitimate it.

If I had been there, violent people would have been place under citizens arrest and a campaign would be underway to close the club down, as well as subject its owner to civil penalties.

I have closed down local businesses before, and likely I will close down more.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    I'd like to see if there is any more information available about this. Athens GA is a long way from me, but I still want to contact the club owner.

Is this it?
    https://www.tuscl.net/club.php?ID=3284
    100 N Jackson St
    Athens, GA 30601

Any website, contact email? Any people out there who would be willing to take actions on the ground? The way I usually do it is approach the business owner in front of his employees and explain the problem and why it needs to be solved, and if he shows any resistance I just tell him that either he is going to solve it or I will solve it. Anyone out there on the ground who would like to get involved? Letting the owner see a face, and see it a few times, goes a long way to changing the situation. Embarrassing them in front of their staff goes a long way too.

SJG
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Here's what it must look like when SJG makes a citizens arrest.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9efgLHgsBm…
  • ime
    10 years ago
    He only got a bump on his cheek seems like he got off easy.
  • bubba267
    10 years ago
    Toppers is a poor excuse for a strip club. Girls and management running a ROB operation. They tease and promise then pull this crap. I'd bet the patron thought he was going to get some action in the "private" VIP area. This isn't the first guy to get roughed up by a hot head bouncer at this club. I would recommend avoiding Toppers.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Ouch. I'd hate to get elbowed in the bar area.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Must have been some good entertainment
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Thug bouncers are a real problem in strip clubs. Need to deal with it, and not be making excuses for it.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion