tuscl

Toledo 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

Toledo police are investigating a shooting early today at Chez Joey(Polekats) Toledo, 715 Monroe St., a downtown strip club on Monroe Street between Ontario and Erie streets.

At least one person was taken from the building on a stretcher and a second person was seen walking into an ambulance on his own.

Lucas County EMS took one patient to Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center. The patient was considered a trauma case.

EMS officials said they did not have a tally of the number of people who were injured.

At least 17 police cars and two ambulances were called to the adult entertainment bar at 12:55 a.m., a police dispatcher said.

Two women were brought out of the club in handcuffs and led into a police cruiser.
A bullet hole in one of the windows at a pawn shop across the street.

A bullet hole in one of the windows at a pawn shop across the street. A bullet hole in one of the windows at a pawn shop across the street.

Michael Palmer, who was in an art studio in the Davis Building at 151 N. Michigan, said he heard eight to 10 shots fired in two different bursts.

"I turned the scanner on and it was just chaos. Just looking out the window, I saw four cars with lights on go by," he said.

"At first I thought it was fireworks because the Mud Hens had a game tonight," he said.

A pawn shop across the street was struck by at least one bullet, which hit the display window. Police were inside the building investigating, while members of the gang unit were outside.

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2…

P.S. I submitted the name change

6 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    Repeal the 2nd Amendment and confiscate and destroy all civilian possessed guns and guns from retailers that sell them without proper precautions, PARTICULARLY gun shows. Outlaw the NRA.

---

Had to do it... Since it's in Toledo and he couldn't. RIP
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    At least 17 police cars were called! Seems like overkill even for a shooting. Maybe a few cops were hoping to fit in a lap dance on the side.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Motor-In loving memory, indeed.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    John,

I saw that too. Maybe it was a slow night and the good were bored.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    More information. The night of the shooting there was a pole dancing competition. 25 girls from Detroit vs 25 girls from Toledo. And reports indicate the club was packed with over 300 customers. Apparently this
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    This was the reason for the overwhelming police response.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion