tuscl

OT:All Star Game & Jeter(Again)

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:27 AM
So, who the fuck was the asshole who yelled out overrated while Jeter was up to bat then proceeded to hit a double? Overrated my ass. The new Nike commercial for Jeter rocks. Nothing but respect towards Jeter. Class act. The game will miss him.

5 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Jeter is the last great Yankee I will know
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    Neter doesn't even make it into the the top dozen Yankees of akl-time. I thought that overrated comment was a perfect summary of what a lot of baseball fans think of the overhyped farewell to to a really good, but not great, player.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^ ok, list the top 12 Yankees. Compare who did what.
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    he is one of the best players. he will be missed
  • mark94
    10 years ago
    In the final act of his final All-Star Game, Derek Jeter did something that was quintessentially him. Asked about his first at-bat here on Tuesday, and Adam Wainwright’s in-game acknowledgment that he had deliberately given him a good pitch to hit, Jeter tried humor to defuse a bubbling controversy. After beginning with a serious assessment of Wainwright’s pitches, Jeter pivoted suddenly. “I don’t know, man,” he said, to laughter. “If he grooved it, thank you. You’ve still got to hit it. I appreciate that, if that’s what he did.”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion