tuscl

So what are you muthas doing on Father's Day?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Oh, daddy.

A Long Island City nudie bar is hosting a Father's Day event for those who'd rather celebrate by ogling a stripper than spending quality time with their family.

The first 100 dads to arrive at the Show Palace get free entry and a complementary lap dance on Sunday.

“We're trying to think of new ways to do everything,” said Mike Diaz, the manager of the jiggle joint, of the inspiration behind the first-time event. “If you're a young father, these people are still alive. They're not dead!”

But some family advocates say the promo goes against the spirit of the holiday.

“In my mind, Father's Day is a family day,” said Lance Somerfeld, 40, co-founder of the 1,000-member NYC Dad's Group and father of a 5-year-old. “I look forward to spending the day with my dad, my son and my wife.”

Representatives from the strip club claim the joint is already a hotspot among area dads.

“Half of the guys that walk through here are parents,” said general manager Mike Diaz. “They won't admit it, but they are.”

Dancers at the club claimed they'd performed for fathers — and even a few sons.

The first 100 dads to arrive at the Show Palace on Sunday get a complementary lap dance .
The first 100 dads to arrive at the Show Palace on Sunday get a complementary lap dance .
Some family advocates have slammed the promotion, saying it goes against the spirit of Father's Day.

Previous

Next
Stripper on the stage.
Happy family at home- Father's Day - Father, mother and children.
Enlarge

Branislav Ostojic/Getty Images/Hemera

“There are guys who come in with their kid if they just turned 18,” said Starlight, who did not give the Daily News her full name. “Like father, like son, you know?”

Show Palace has been trying to get a liquor license for years, with little success in the once gritty neighborhood.

Community Board 2 has turned down the club's request twice.

The joint has filed a lawsuit against the State Liquor Authority for declining its application, which is still ongoing, Diaz said.

The owners changed the bar from topless to all-nude after their bid for the license got shot down in 2012.

Local leaders lambasted the promotion.

“It's tasteless and crass. We've come to expect this kind of thing from these folks,” said Councilman Jimmy Van Bramer. “We have fought this establishment every step of the way. We're going to continue to fight them.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/quee…

6 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Pretty cheesy way to get customers. They could care less if you're a dad.
    Is the club going to demand "proof"?
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    We would not be fathers unless we were interested in the pussy.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Like one of my t-shirts says "My father only wanted a blow job". :)
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm spending my Father's Day getting my knob polished.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Same Fathers day as every year. We go play golf and the round we walk that always takes 3:45, will take six hours riding in a cart. Praying for serious rain.
  • Henry_R1234
    10 years ago
    I won't have my daughter so I'm thinking about hitting a club :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion