tuscl

Yet another Florida man arrested at strip club for leaving kid in car

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Police arrested a 25-year-old Florida man on Sunday after he left a toddler boy in an unlocked pickup truck while he drank at a strip club. The Smoking Gun reported Tuesday that Jordan Caraway was arrested around 1:45 a.m. on Sunday at Dixie's Gentlemen's Club in DeLand, FL and taken to Volusia County Jail.

An employee of the club apparently spotted the child — streaked with grease and dirt and dressed in filthy clothes — pressed against the inside window of Caraway's GMC pickup, “visibly upset and crying hysterically,” according to a police report.

The boy's mother, Alicia Lewis, told police that she had left the boy in Caraway's care when she went to work at 3:30 Saturday afternoon. She said that she spoke to Caraway late Saturday night and he told her that he was at “a party,” but that the boy was with him. She then said that she received a call from Caraway asking her to meet him at Dixie's to retrieve her child.
Caraway claimed that he left a friend in charge of the child, but witnesses said that the friend was observed inside the club drinking with Caraway. The men claimed the boy had been sleeping when they left him in the parking lot.

Several other Florida men have been arrested for abandoning children at strip clubs, including Kenneth Rowe, 26, who handed over a toddler to the clerk at the SHARKLOUNGE in Daytona Beach and disappeared into the club. Elliut Gonzales, 38, of Orlando, left his sleeping 7-year-old in the car while he partied at the Diamond Club.

Former NFL player Monty Ray Grow was arrested for leaving his 3-year-old daughter unattended while he was at Clearwater, FL's Diamond Dolls club. And Edward Condry Jr. of Ft. Myers, FL left his 1-year-old child in the car while he was visiting a strip club in Tampa.

6 comments

• Estafador
    11 years ago
    This is going to impact the Diamond's club negatively. Lot of stupid parents at the same club, no bueno. What happened to family activities.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Some people should be neutered
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Maybe the clubs should open on-site child care centers. Many of the dancers could use them too.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    These fucks should have their heads caved in with baseball bats. I am a father of 3 little kids and a die hard strip club hound, but I could never imagine going into a club while one of my kids was in the car. Just unreal.
  • Electronman
    11 years ago
    I like Ermita's business model--- Little Darlings and Little People. But I suspect that some self-righteous politician would pass a zoning law preventing strip clubs from operating within 2000 feet of a child care business.

Now, if someone would open a strip club in a major airport, it would help me kill an hour or two of down time between connecting flights.

• PhantomGeek
    11 years ago
    I like Nick's idea.

One time when I lived in Vegas, I spotted a couple of kids in a car in a grocery parking lot. I've seen it before -- parent wants to make a quick run into the store, drop off a piece of mail or pick up something, then come right back out. It's not an ideal situation, but I can understand where they're coming from. But I was in that grocery store for a good half hour, and those kids were still in that car. This was the middle of the summer, too. I had no problem calling the cops. They showed up just before that parent drove off, too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion