tuscl

RIP Ken Norton

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:51 AM
Ken Norton, who broke Ali's jaw in a fight, passed away yesterday. He fought in the era of famous heavyweights when I used to watch boxing alot. Slick -- do you the Norton's "accomplishment" that no other heavyweight ever did?

6 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Ali & Norton fought 3 hard fights. Ali won the split then took a highly contested unanimous decision. Norton was a Marine champ, too. Great fighter that's gonna be missed. I know his son played football but I can't remember which team. Foreman knocked out Norton. Norton broke Ali's jaw. Ali rope-a-doped Foreman. Styles make fights.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    I saw those fights. Norton was a home town hero. (San Diego). Sad to hear another favorite of mine gone. Those were the days Motor, and then there were the middlewieghts. Duran, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and others.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "when I used to watch boxing a lot." Yeah, I haven't watched a Boxing match involving pros since Ali quit. Norton was good.
  • xedin5436
    11 years ago
    I'm pretty sure Jr. was a 49er. (checks) Wikipedia confirms that, but he started off with the Cowboys.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    Ive enjoyed watching all of those old bouts on espn classic.
  • Electronman
    11 years ago
    Norton was great but he ranks behind Foreman, at least on the grill marketing scale.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion