tuscl

Church to buy strip club

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
FORT COLLINS[CO] - Employees of the last strip club in Fort Collins said an unexpected goodbye to the business Sunday.

In a move that caught customers, employees and even the building's future owners off guard, A Hunt Club leaders announced early Sunday morning the closure of the business that opened nearly 25 years ago.

Timberline Church plans to buy the east Fort Collins building housing Northern Colorado's longest-operating strip club. A Hunt Club will be replaced by a new church serving the needs of those living on the north side of Fort Collins.

"Everyone was kind of blindsided," said topless dancer Ashley Trent, 21, of Fort Collins who started at the club as a 19-year-old in need of quick cash but soon became part of the "mini family" of bartenders, DJs, bouncers, dancers and regulars.

Trent, who met her husband, bouncer John "Fluffy" Stephenson at the club, estimates roughly 40 people lost their jobs.

15 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Isn't New Belgium Brewery in Ft Collins? I dig their beers.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    When I saw the headline I thought the church was going to operate the strip club as a side business to bring in a little extra cash.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    The Church will have Nun of that.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    What's the difference between a Nun and Alucard taking a bath?
    A Nun has hope in her soul and Alucard has soap in his hole.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    Lol at "Nun of that"!
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    @ slick... New Belgium brewery is still in Ft. Collins just around the corner from the Hunt Club. If you ever make it there take a tour of the brewery and get free beer samples. Fat Tire and Sunshine Wheat are the best...

Somehow that doesn't surprise me about the Hunt Club in Ft. Collins. I was talking someone who was personal friends with the owners a while back and they said the new owners were very religious. They had made the rules more strict than ever. This has always been an air dance club with strict no touching rules. It is more like a bar with topless dancers. I wonder if the plan all along was to make rhis into a church.
  • ididthisonce
    11 years ago
    I remember an old club called Dockside Dolls in Graham, NC that closed down and the building became a church. I often wondered what they did with the stage poles?

The building now is some kind of event center. I believe that it was back when it was Dockside. Saw the Morrell Sisters (much younger of course) dance there. Yep, it was a event center.

Shadow's post brought back a few good memories.

Just an old clubber reminiscing.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    In Rancho Cucamonga,CA, there's this day care center that was formerly a Latin Massage Parlor.
  • ididthisonce
    11 years ago
    For Slick:

I have been told that

Nun = NONE

LOL
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    If nuns wanted to have sex they would dress like altar boys. :)
  • ididthisonce
    11 years ago
    I saw a few NFL defenses yesterday that needed a needed a priest on their defensive line just to molest the offensive backs.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Dockside Dolls is empty and the building adjacent was turned into a church. I'm not sure if they made it a church simply because it was big or because they thought it would prevent anyone from putting another strip club into the Dockside Dolls building.

I believe the church is now gone.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Lol Shadow
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Just another way for any Religion to fight that "Great Sin" of Sex.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Name for the new church-Our Lady Of The Perpetual 3-4-1.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion