tuscl

Speaking of Concerts (Off Topic)

A couple of weeks ago I was able to see &quot;ABBA The Concert&quot;, in concert. They are just a tribute band, however, they have the blessings and help of the group founders-Bjorn and Benny. Also, original musicians perform with the band. The singer-well, the brunette is in her thirties, but the blonde, in her early 20's, is a goddess. <br />
<br />
Anyway, the reason I bring this up is that ABBA was the one concert I always wanted to see, but never did. It's a mark off of the old bucket list. And, it's been a couple of weeks, but I'm still on a sort of high from the experience. So, with that said...<br />
<br />
Are there any concerts you've always wanted to see, but the concert somehow eluded you ?

3 comments

• yndy
    14 years ago
    <span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;">Never got to see The Police b4 they broke up in early 80s. Thrilled to see them twice during their 30th reunion tour 2007-8.</span></span><br type="_moz" />
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    It's nice that many older groups are doing reunion tours. I went to college in a town that was far off the beaten path for tour stops in the day, but I have been able to see a couple of groups in the last few years that I missed back then. Often their performances are as good as you can imagine - as professionals, they haven't lost their skills.<br />
    <br />
    Big ones I missed 35 years ago include: The Eagles, CSN&amp;Y, James Taylor &amp; Carol King (that was unbelievable!), Winwood &amp; Clapton ( I loved Blind Faith!).&nbsp; And I've seen some individuals like Dave Mason, Leon Russell and Roger Daltry. I still want to see the Stones, but I don't know....<br />
    <br />
    So most of these folks voices still work pretty good 35-40 years later...I wish I could say the same for all of me...LOL.<br type="_moz" />
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Never had that much interest in concerts.&nbsp; I listen to music for the sake of the music, and the majority of concerts I <b>have</b> been to were...less than satisfactory in that respect, admittedly because of the sound systems, and not the artists themselves.<br type="_moz" />
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion