tuscl

OT:Aging and Hair Color That Ain't Gray

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 3:14 AM
We all are getting older. It's a fact of life. Whether we exercise, eat healthy, see our doctor, elect to undergo various surgical procedures, and pray, we're still going to age. I'm on the cusp of 38 and have noticed something unusual going on. I've been getting some white hairs but that's normal;my paternal grandfather had all white hair. What I've noticed are the new and surprisingly plentiful amount of RED hairs I've noticed growing in my mane. What the fuck?!? The Spic is becoming a Mick! I don't know if any of y'all have had a similar situation evolve but if you've seen or noticed these happenings yourself, please chime in. I wanna know if this is unusual. Gracias mi amigos.

12 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    No. Poor eyesight is also part of aging. Look again. :)
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    My Grandfather used to say, "Hair turns gray or turns loose!" I'm happy to have mine gray.
  • txtittyfan
    11 years ago
    The day will come when whoever cuts your hair will stop asking if you want it thinned. At that point, you will appreciate whatever color it turns.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Moto-My vision is excellent but my hearing is shot. My doctor said that I'll need a hearing aid in my right ear by the time I'm 45. I got a LOT of hair on my head and no man on either side of my family has ever gone bald. I've had the pleasure of knowing 2 of my great-grandfathers and they both had manes.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Slick, My Dad had poor hearing, was almost deaf by the time he died. But then, he worked in a loud factory his entire life. My hearing is getting mighty poor too. My only explanation is spending too much time in loud strip clubs.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    motor, Your hearing problem might be that same as mine, the 60's!
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I've still got a full head of dark hair. I do have a slight hearing loss in my right ear that they say may be a result of years firing a shot gun.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    I've got about 70% of my hair left and about 5% of that is grey consisting of one quarter sized splotch in the front an a few grey strands. My younger (by 2 years) sister has no grey at all. I'm 66.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    The thing I miss the most is my memory.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Slick, I experienced a little of the same thing. My hair, all over my head, turned darker except the whiskers on my chin which turned red. That was only temporary, a few years later it all started getting gray shot. Now I shave because my beard is all white. But that's not the worst. All kinds of weird things happen as the years go by. My underarm hair is now kinda' orange and my crotch hair is all gray. I am beginning to get werewolf ears and the skin under my eyes has turned dark. My knees creak, ankles pop, hips lock and fingers stiffen up when I am still for too long. I would tell you about the rest, but I can't remember right now and I've got to go take my pills. What were we talking about?
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I noticed in the sunlight when I don't shave, I have different colors of hair. Brown, red, gray, white or clear. I decided shaving might be a good idea. I would have never noticed if I hadn't looked at my hair in the sun. I thought maybe I even had a few sharp pointy vampire like teeth. Then they banned smoking inside the building at work. A few years later some of my hair started growing back on my head. My second hand smoke cough went away within a few months after the ban. I think second hand smoke was killing me at work. Other than that, I never noticed anything weird.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I did surprise one of my Favorites last week by telling her my real age. She thought I was ten years younger. I think I am more believable if I just lie about my age. I never used drugs and take vitamins and exercise so maybe that makes me appear younger.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion