tuscl

Indy 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Police are investigating an early morning shooting that killed a man on the city's Northwestside.

Officers found the victim at about 3 a.m. today in the parking lot of Babes Nightclub at 38th Street and Lafayette Road. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

This is the second shooting reported in the area this weekend. About 24 hours earlier, just a block east of the nightclub, a 22-year-old man was killed after being shot in the head. Tony Muse, Indianapolis, was shot dead Sunday morning during a graduation party at 4360 W. 38th St., just south of the Lafayette Square shopping center.

There are no suspects in both shootings at this time.

Witnesses said two people in a blue sports utility car left the scene after the shooting at the nightclub. About 9 miles north, in the 3800 block of DePauw Road just off Michigan Road, police found a car matching the description. Two people are now being detained while investigators determine if they were involved, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

The victim's identity is being withheld until his relatives are notified.

An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call IMPD's homicide office at (317) 327-3475 or Crime Stoppers at (317) 262-8477

11 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    Hitting too close to home. I used to live a mile or so from 38th and Lafayette. Back in the day. Early 1980's
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Dead at a graduation party. That sucks.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    That whole area is now a gang banger area. It used to be a good shopping area but all the decent places are gone. This is the same area where someone tried to rob Don's Guns a couple of years ago. Clubbing in Indy is not worth it anymore.
  • Rod8432
    11 years ago
    I agree, Tiredtraveler, that Indy's not a great SC town, especially around some shady areas. But if you gotta be there sometimes, like I do, I find either Brad's Brass Flamingo or Hip Hugger in nearby Kokomo still fills the bill better than many towns. I've loosed many cum loads in both clubs.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    TiredTraveler,

I could probably see that area becoming bad Even back in 1981 you could see the area getting like that. The Lafayette Square Mall was nice but that was 30 years ago and I haven't been back since
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    I considered making a road trip to visit Indy's and Brad's but when they raised the dance prices to $20 it dropped off the top 10 list.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Repeal the 2nd Amendment & confiscate & destroy all guns wherever they are.
  • sinclair
    11 years ago
    The club mentioned in the report, Babe's Nightclub (Babe's West), hasn't been called that in many years. It is called Pure Passion West and is a black club. I drove by the entrance once and there were too many thugs loitering by the door to warrant me from stopping and going in.

motorhead, it is interesting you should say the Lafayette Square Mall was nice 30 years ago. It must have really slipped. I went in there once or twice over the past couple years looking for either a Nuvo or ATM. Half of the mall is abandoned. There are posters for movies on the walls that came out 8 years ago! Most remaining stores cater toward the ghetto folk.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Ban Obama phones, welfare cards, and paying for kids.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Ban Ban. That deodorant doesn't ban bad b.o.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Tard if you think that the gun was legal you are really a sad liberal who has not a brain his child molesting head. Countries where guns are "illegal" it is legal to fuck a nine year old if that nine year old "consents" That is how liberals role!!.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion