tuscl

To protect & Serve.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
On Nov. 9, undercover Officers Paul Madsen and Antonio Ortega spent about six and a half hours while on duty at The Penthouse Club, 1801 N West Shore Blvd., according to Tampa Police Chief Jane Castor. The officers drank before their shifts, checked in as on-duty via computers, then drove an undercover vehicle to the club about 1:30 p.m.

When their supervisors found out about 8 p.m., they sent the men home, Castor said. A subsequent investigation led to Friday's firings of Madsen and Ortega, and suspensions of their supervisors.

"It's very embarrassing to me personally, and to all of our officers," Castor said. "The citizens deserve better."

Ortega was a 10-year veteran who had never had a major disciplinary issue, Castor said. Madsen was a 23-year veteran. Of his record, Castor answered, "He hasn't had an unblemished career."

7 comments

• sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    All on taxpayer dollars. What a pair of assholes.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    What the fuck were they thinking...
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    "Never had a major disciplinary issue" = "never been caught"

If they bother to investigate, whaddaya bet it ain't the first time he's *done* it. The other one probably got him into it. :)
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I wonder how they got caught
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Dancers have pointed out undercover cops to me several times. They seemed to be in the strip club to have fun, not to investigate illicit activities. The club and the dancers give cops special treatment so they can call in favors in the future.
  • vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    Nice job if you can get it. LOL
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    They were attending an on-site seminar that teaches them how to recognize extra's and tits.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion