Another one bites the dust.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sorry, Saturday night skin-seekers, but Minneapolis is one strip club down.

Earlier this month downtown gentlemen's club Lure quietly locked its doors after losing its liquor license due to unpaid taxes. A handwritten sign inside the darkened Hennepin Avenue club Thursday read simply: “Lure is temporarily closed for restructure [sic]. Be back soon!”

But a farewell post on Lure's Facebook page sounded less optimistic and indicated that the tax issues dated back to the club's opening. Signed by Scott Thorpe, who according to city documents is the CEO of Lure's holding company Skyway Ventures LLC, the May 17 post thanked “loyal employees & entertainers that stuck it out to the end with me.”

“Its [sic] been an adventure with lots of highs, a few lows and some whatever you may call them,” the post states. “It would have made a great reality show.”

Calls to the shuttered club were unanswered and messages were unable to be left

4 comments

• Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Taxes---guilty until you prove yourself innocent and even then you are in for it every year for decades.
  • grand1511
    11 years ago
    I live in the Twin Cities and this news doesn't surprise me. This place was trying to be a high-end club with low-end girls. There are too many better options for places that serve booze with much better looking girls. If you're going to a place like that, lap dances are banned if alcohol is being served, the girls better be smoking hot.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    They will be back. just give it time
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    It seems as if there are a lot of clubs dropping off. Every so often I tally up the number of clubs on tuscl (in the U.S.) and I could swear that there are a few hundred or so less than a couple of years ago.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion