tuscl

Friday's Discussion topic, actually related to strip clubs this time.

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Friday, February 17, 2006 6:16 AM
What is the best/your favorite movie about, or including as part of the storyline stripclubs? Let's say that something that is peripheral to the story (like Eddie Murphy's visit in the first Beverly Hills Cop) doesn't count. The club or stripping should be integral to the story. Showgirls is certainly my vote for the funniest, albeit unintentionally. I have a soft spot for Striptease since I like Carl Hiaasen. Any others? I think we're probably going to be well into the B-movie rotation here.

3 comments

• komey1970
    19 years ago
    There is a scene in Dragnet (mid 80s) where the young cop takes Friday to a place that serves great coffee. It turns out to be a strip club and Friday says, "You're right, they do serve good coffee here".
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Every one I've seen has been awful, 'Strip Tease' included. I suppose 'Exotica' wasn't too bad at what it set out to be, which was more surreal than realistic. I never saw 'Dancing at the Blue Iguana' because it didn't sound very good, and it still doesn't, but I might give it a try after Shadow's comment.
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    This may not be strongest reference, but "Dirty Harry", where Harry(Clint Eastwood) tails psycho "Scorpio" into SF stripclub. Scenery kinda looked like present Broadway string of clubs.. Can any poster ID area in movie?? Also, divorced cops wife mentioning to Harry about her ex "running around with a nude stripper from North Beach". And I thought there were only topless clubs back then!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion